Having Headaches While Pregnant

I am four months pregnant and I have at least 2 headaches aday. Sometimes, I have them after I eat and sometimes I have them in the middle of the night while I am sleeping. I called my doctor and they told me to take tylenol and to check my blood pressure. My blood pressure seems to be normal. However, I can't understand why I keep having these headaches. Is this normal during the second trimester? Is it okay to take tylenol everday? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I had severe headaches while I was pregnant. I ended up in the emergency room once. They gave me a prescription for a stronger medicine that I could take while I was pregnant. Fortunately they stopped once I had my baby.

i have headaches from when i wake up til i go back to sleep, i dont have an answer, im looking for one myself, i feel the tention like behind my eyes or something. Can someone help me? Im looking for some answers.

I am currently pregnant with my second child, and I had headaches with both pregnancies (worse both times in the second trimester). My blood pressure was always normal, as well. I think I've had headaches just from the hormones. And, yes, I've taken Tylenol when I've had headaches (with both my son who is now 21-months-old, and with my little girl who is due in January). It's completely safe, and what my doctor recommended. I hated the headaches ... they seemed so intense and the Tylenol only helped sometimes. But, they do go away eventually! Best wishes on your impending arrival! ;)

Hi K., I wanted to share with you that I had TERRIBLE Headaches with my first child (boy) and the doctor proscribed me Fioricet. It helped and I continued to take it with my second child also (girl). I do still have headaches frequently and I haven't been back on fioricet yet but I have been taking Excedrin (not pregnant). Check with you OB he/she can help you and if you don't get help you may want to look at what your eating because many people get headaches from eating grain,wheat, or certain foods. you may need to start an elimination diet. Re-introduce foods one at a time. Good Luck I hope this helps. A. www.happykidsworkinhomemom.net

I am the mother of 4 children. I rememeber when I was pregnant with my first one, I use to get headaches a lot in the first 4 - 5 months. Nothing was ever said from my doctor to why I had gotten them. I know of other people who experienced a lot of headaches during their preganancies as well. Maybe suggest this again to the Doctor on your next visit, start a log of them so the doctor can see how often you are getting them. Hope this helps.

I had headaches during my recent pregnancy, mostly around the fourth month. I was also receommended to take tylenol by my doctor. I also found taking frequent breaks from my computer at work to walk around and remove myself from the glare of the screen helped. Sometimes I would apply a cool washcloth overmy face and sit in a dark room. Also, check your hair. My headaches intensified when I wore my hair pulled back in a ponytail.
yes, it's normal. Tylenol is okay as long as you follow the directions on the package and from your doctor.

Get a massage. It will help you relax and you will have less headaches. Drink lots of water. I would not take tylenol everyday.

It could be the pg hormones or it also could be blood pressure or blood sugar. Since your blood pressure is fine I would monitor your blood sugar. Before bed try eating something with protein in it. I had gestational diabetes with my son and that is how it started for me (headaches). Have you been tested for Gestational diabetes yet? Congrats on your pregnancy and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

1 / 3