Haven't Had My Menstrual Period Since After Giving Birth

hi,

my baby is already 10months old and i still havent had my period since. Im still breastfeeding her. I just wanna know if this is normal or not. My husband is a nurse and he told me that its normal since im breastfeeding her. they told him that it has something to do with my hormones. is it true? or do i need to set an appointment already to my OBGYN. is this something i need to worry about?

thanks

Thank you for a very helpful informAtion. Now i can relax and save myselt a trip to yhe doctor. God bless u all.

It is normal. Some women who "extended" breastfeed go years without a period. Enjoy it while it lasts!

:-)T.

Relax. You're fine. It's perfectly normal. Consider it as one of the lovely perks of breastfeeding! You can still get pregnant, so use contraception unless you want another baby.

My daughter is 10 months old, I'm breastfeeding, and I still haven't started my period. I'm not the least bit worried...I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Totally normal. Enjoy it!

I breast fed for ten months and didn't have a period during that time. Some people have mild ones, some have none. It is quite normal.
Good luck with your precious daughter.
K. K.

Totally normal!

With my first son, I breastfed him for a little over a year and didn't get it back until the week after I started weening him.

I'm currently breastfeeding my second son, he's seven months old and still no period. Hooray! Not looking forward to getting it back!

-M

When I had my son I breastfed for almost ten months and after stopping I still didn't have a period for a few more months. My OB said this was normal and my body's hormones will fall into place when they needed to. I would double check (just to safe) with your Dr, but I think it's pretty normal.

You lucky duck! Mine came back after 6 months, but then it was just every 2-3 months or so until I stopped nursing. Enjoy the time off!!! It's completely normal!!!

J. : )

Congratulations on a beautiful daughter! I, too, never had a menstrual period while I was nursing my 5 kids! It is normal. I think it is more normal to NOT have a period than to have one while nursing.

Enjoy this special time with her. Blink and she'll be the mom!

A.

Totally NORMAL :-) a blessing really! I went 11 month with our first, 13 months with our second, 15 months with our third and our fourth. BUT you can STILL GET PREGNANT... So, watch out!!

1 / 3