Have an Awesome Recipe for Enchiladas? Please Share!

We are going to Florida to be with my husbands family for Christmas, so we're having my family over on the 20th to exchange gifts. I have to make dinner for everyone, so I figured enchiladas since you can make a huge batch at once. I absolutely love cheese enchiladas, but every time I make them, the tortillas get too cruchy and and besides that, they're just plain. Can you super smart mamas help me out?????

The green chile Enchilada recipe on the back of the Old ElPaso Green Chile Sauce is AWESOME and super easy! Ive tried other recipes and this one is my husband's favorite. You could top them with sauteed green and red bell peppers and with rice with green and red peppers, to give them a little bit of a Christmas theme. Serve with green and red tortilla chips and green and red salsa. Fun!
Merry Christmas!

Here's a Chicken Enchiladas recipe that's a casserole...and absolutely delicious!!!

1 chicken, broiled (or 2 cans of chicken chunks, drained)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
3 slices chopped onion, sauteed in butter
1 4 oz. can green chili pepper, chopped
1 pkg. frozen tortillas, quartered
Extra-sharp grated Cheddar cheese

Make a sauce of all ingredients, except cheese and tortillas. Layer the tortillas, sauce, cheese; repeat twice.
Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.

serves 6

Merry Christmas!

1 1/2 lb bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
2 teaspoon salt
4 cloves garlic
5 peppercorns
1 lb tomatillos (about 8), husked
2 serrano chiles
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
8 corn tortillas (6" each)
1 1/2 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Place chicken in a large saucepan. Add 6 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 garlic cloves and peppercorns. Boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Remove chicken. Pull meat from bones; shred; set aside. Place tomatillos and chiles in a saucepan; cover with water; boil over medium-high heat 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Transfer to a blender; add remaining 2 cloves garlic and cilantro; blend until smooth, adding liquid if necessary. Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomatillo-chile puree; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until sauce reduces to about 1 cup. Reduce heat, add remaining 1 teaspoon salt and sour cream. Stir about 1 minute. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350°F. Heat a skillet over medium heat; warm tortillas 10 seconds per side. Divide shredded chicken evenly among tortillas; roll up. Spread 1/3 sauce in a 9" baking dish. Arrange enchiladas in 1 layer, seam side down. Cover with rest of sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown

Hi S.. Here are the cheese enchilada's I make for my family and they love them.

I use the old el paso mild enchilada sauce and 1 can of tomatoe sauce. Flour tortillas instead of corn. I make beef and cheese enchiladas. Warm up the tortillas a little bit in the microwave, put the beef or cheese in the tortillas and roll. Put a little bit of the enchilada/tomatoe sauce mixture on the bottom of a pan and lay the the rolled tortillas on the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce on top and cover with cheese. Put in the oven until the cheese inside is melted.

I have made the enchilada recipe out of the Fanny Farmer cookbook. It was not that hard and tasted great. Lots of compliments on them! I think they were chicken enchiladas.....you might be able to find the recipe online if you don't have that cookbook. Good luck! :-)

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 4 oz. can green chili pepper, chopped
1 pkg. frozen tortillas, quartered
Extra-sharp grated Cheddar cheese

Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.

serves 6

For easy cheese enchiladas - this sounds nasty but is good and easy:

Microwave 12 corn tortillas until soft
Combine 1 can red enchilada sauce with one can Hormel Chili No beans
spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick spray - put enough sauce to cover the bottom
Place in each tortilla a long strip of velveeta - roll up and place seem side down - finish the remaining tortillas
top with the rest of the sauce - add shredded cheddar and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Here is an authetic recipe that doesn't take much time and is VERY yummy.

Preheat oven to 350^
1 tub Bueno Red Chile (Hot or Mild)- In the freezer section at Kroger. (plus ingredients listed on it)
2 or 3 small cans of regular tomato sauce.
Corn Tortillas (I use Mission Yellow)
Oil for tortillas
Monterey Jack and/or Cheddar Cheese shredded (1 or 2lbs)
Ground Beef 2lbs (80/20 works well)
1 can sliced black olives (optional)
green onions
salt & pepper to taste.

Prepare Chile as instructions say on tub. Add 2-3 cans of the tomato sauce. Will tone down the heat to your taste. Let simmer and it will thicken a bit. Add salt & pepper or additional ingredients to your taste.

Brown ground beef, drain & set aside. Heat oil in pan, deep enough to submerge tortillas and fry each one for about 10 seconds per side. Don't let them get crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Dice the green onions, set aside.

Take tortillas and roll with meat and cheese inside of them. Continue filling up the casserole dish til full. I double layer mine, but you don't have to. Then top with the chile, cheese, onions, and olives. Bake at 350 until the sides are bubbly and cheese is melted. YUMMY!!!

In a pinch, the Hatch canned red chile sauce isn't bad either. I think Kroger and Wal-Mart carry it.

GL!

The easiest enchiladas that I make are Chicken. You get chicken breast depending on how many for a large number probably 8 chicken breast. Boil them. Chop them up add a can and a half of rotel put them in flour or corn tortillas spread sour cream over the top. Add Monterrey Jack Cheese then the rest of the Rotel. Bake at 375 for about thirty min.(until cheese is melted. Very good! Good luck!

1 / 3