Have a Bump Under My C-section Cut Please Help!!!

i just had a c-section in january, and i have a huge bump under my cut. the doctor said its not infection but a pocket of fluid that will eventually go away. ive been waitng im taking antibiotics. does anybody or has anybody had this before. if yes how long does it take to go away.it makes me feel real unatractive.can anybody help ill appreciate it thanks.

well after taking the atabiotics for a week and a half my bump starded going down. now its completly gone and my cut is nicely heald. thanks to everybodys advice i really appreciate it.

you had better have that checked for MRSA (methacillan resistant staph aerus.. because the hospital I went to gave my son, my husband, my ,mother and myself MRSA that almost killed my son and I.my mother and husband got it becuase they were in the room with me when i got it..and they ended up killing one woman that was fighting the hospital too...they gave her a c-section, and the MRSA got in the wound...so if the bump hurts,or you notice any changes in yourself like fever or anything you need to be checked out better.. just wanted to give you the info... because this is a serious epidemic in austin and surrounding areas.. just be careful and be an advotcate for you and your, becuase no doctor will do it for you...
hope you get better, S.

p.s. i am not trying to scare you or offend you.. just important info ...

I had 2 c-sections and did not experience a bump in either one. Me 2nd c-section did become infected while I was in the hospital, but I didn't not have any bumps. Watch the bump and if continues to get bigger, or changes in anyway (color, size, anything), I would get back to the dr. ASAP.
I hope everything goes well for you.

I also had a "bump", to me it seemed more like the whole area was swollen. But my incision was actually leaking (it was a tiny pin sized hole) ... really freaked me out! The doctor also said it was fluid and he was able to push some of it out thru the hole. It did take a while for the "bump" to go away even with it leaking. It will eventually go away, if I remember correctly drinking lots of water helps! Good luck! =)

Congratulations on the new little princess!

After I had my twins by c-section, I had problems with my incision. I was leaking fluid to the point that I put a pad across the front of it. I didn't know that it wasn't supposed to have any leakage but my doctor had to open the incision. Anywhere you have excess fluid and an incision, it's just waiting for an infection to happen according to my OB/GYN. The incision had to heal from the inside out and scrubbed & packed twice a day. It wasn't fun to go thru but it had to be done so that it would heal. It didn't take long before you could see visible signs of healing from day to day. Within a month the entire thing was closed. I still have a bump on the right side above my scar though. I understand about feeling very unattractive with it. I don't like the way it looks in anything because nothing lays flat anymore. My OB/GYN did say that a plastic surgeon can do a scar revision or with consecutive c-sections, the scar tissue will be cut out completely.

If your OB/GYN isn't concerned, find one that is or make yours understand your concern. Your health is important and you should be taken seriously.

Congrats again!
A.

Congrats on the baby! I remember a bump, but mine was an infection! It was also coming out of the wound. My ogbyn stuck a bunch of mesh in there and told me to put a bandage over it and clean the outside twice a day! I couldn't do it because it grossed me out, my husband did it! Then after a week I went back and he pulled out everything in there and washed it out! It was the wierdest feeling! I think you should get a second opinion! Anything that concerns you should concern them. I changed doctors like three times during my pregnancy.

CJR

How did you know it was filled with fluid? Did the doctors drain it? My son has a bump under his scar where he had stitches, this is the reason I am asking such a question.

MG

1 / 3