Has Anyone Used Thredup?

I saw this site for swaping used kids clothes and other things. Thredup. You pay $5 for a box plus shipping and post one of your own boxes filled with your used clothes. (From what i understand)
Does this sound like a good deal? You get nothing for your box but i guess the chance to get another but you are still paying 5 bucks plus shipping. Doesnt seem right to me.
Anyways has anyone used it ?do you like it? Have you gotten good clothes.
TIA

I just signed up for it today. Can't wait to see how it goes!

How do you know you will get a quality box and not a box or crappy, smelly, stained clothes? Are there user ratings? I am curious too...

YES, I love it!

You pay the $5 + $10.95 for shipping, so $16 a box. By listing boxes of your clothes you earn the right to "buy" more boxes. I have gotten great clothing, and found out recently that Jennie Garth (from the original "90210") uses it to get rid of her children's used clothing, so people everywhere are getting into using it.

The $5 goes to ThredUp obviously, they're getting paid for providing this service. I had a problem with it at first but then realized i wouldn't have access to the clothing otherwise if it weren't for the site ; )

~ B.P., you do get to rate the boxes you get. I haven't gotten any bad clothing.
_____________

Forgot to mention that by inviting friends to ThredUp you can earn money on your account, which goes towards paying for your boxes. If the person you invite signs up, they'll get $5 instantly. Then you'll get $5 when they send out their first box. There's no limit to how many friends you can invite and money earned.

I never heard of before but I'm going to look into it now!

You are paying the money for shipping, but in return another mom is doing the same for it. It's basically just swapping clothes for free with the cost of shipping. Totally legit.

There is another site called listia, it's another auction site that works similarly, but you don't have to pay. You 'sell' something on there, and with the points oyu earn you can buy items with your points. It's all point system based. I have used it and think it's pretty neat.

1 / 3