Has Anyone Used the Wal-Mart Portrait Studio???

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the portrait studio at Wal-Mart? I have a soon to be 7 month old daughter and I would like to get her pictures taken without spending a lot of money. It appears you get a nice size package for $8.98. Is this really real? Do they hound you to buy more once you get there? I cannot stand "hounders" I want to go and purchase what I have in mind before I get there. Also, how is the quality of the pictures? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!!

K.,

I have used Walmart and personally like Target so much better. It seems like you are haggled much less (they will still try to get you to buy extras but are not pushy at all) and you get a ton of poses to pick from. Look for the coupon they send in the mail. For the price, it can't be beat!

I have been fine w/ Walmart studios but beware- a freind used the one over on Garland Rd and the girl who ran the place (they are NOT owned by Wal-Mart)took her credit card info and used it to sign up for college! She wasn't too bright as the enrollment form had her name and address- and my friend's credit card info! B/C it was < than $500.00 the police won't persue it. The place said it was going to fire her....
I'd just bring cash!
They do have to do a presetation of the packages available- it takes baout 5 minutes. I just say "Thanks, I just want my special" and have never had a problem.

Walmart is pretty good for the money. I usually go there to get my daughters done. I go the Saginaw location and have been very happy. You dont have to make an appointment but its really best so you dont have to wait very long and the kiddos get fussy. Its nice b/c its cheap enough that if you do like another pose outside of the package you can actually afford to get it.
Also I was going to let you know what Ive done lately...We have gone to Picture People in the NEMall. You can print a free coupon on line for a free 8x10 or 5x7 and no sitting fee. You can do this as often as you like! Then they have a club for $39.99 that gives you 3 free 8x10's and 3 $10off coupons....you can use on free 8x10 online coupon and a free 8x10 from your membership and a $10.00 off all on the same vist (so your get 3 diff poses and not have to pay much..the first time will be at least the membership price) The next 2times I went after I got 3 poses each time in 8x10's and only paid 8.95 plus tax..thats not bad~ Well good luck.

For the same money (OK, $1 more), you can get a MUCH better picture and more prints at Portrait Innovations. I've been there several times and have never been pressured into buying more. I just tell them when it's time to review the pics that I'm only getting the $9.95 deal. They will take 40-70 pictures and encourage you to bring more than one outfit.

Use Portrait Innovations instead. They are MUCH better than Wal-Mart.

http://www.portraitinnovations.com/special_offers.html

I've used them several times, and they were pretty good. Not a lot of hounding. I've had a lot of trouble with the Picture People...tons of trouble! I ended up going back to Wal-Mart to take my son's pictures.

I like it.
I use the one in garland off I30 even though it is not the closest one because of this photographer named Killian who is great with my son! I just tell him we want the package and there is no Hounding.. He's great if you're anywhere near there.. And with how inexpensive they are, you can get them done twice as many times a year!. I've used target, sears, and walmart. i didn't care for target because the photographer was inexperienced. Sears was busy and unorganized. we showed up on time but waited almost 45 minutes with a toddler..NOT GOOD. Walmart is easy and convienient. Good luck.

I have used Walmart and have been pretty happy. They will try to get you to buy additional photos right after the session but not too pushy I usually end up buying some addtional photos because the poses are different and they take some cute shots of course so you want to buy more. The prices are reasonable for the extras espically if you giving them to relatives friends etc.

K.,

I know you have gotten a lot of responses.My resonse is this.WalMart is fine,but Taget is the best.Yes,it's more expensive,but they take the cutest pics and my daughter actually got her picture in the Target book of photos.So,do what you want.There will be many more phot ops!Don't stress out so much!You will be just fine!

I haven't used the Wal Mart portrait studio, but I will recommend the Kiddie Kandids in Lewisville Babies R Us. It is a drive, but that's the only place that takes good pictures of my son. They have a baby steps program where you get a ton of freebies, and they are the cheapest place we've gone to. You can also have them email your portraits so you can send them to friends and/or family, and they can order any extras that they might want. I know it's not what you were looking for, but if you're up for the drive, I haven't found anyone who beats them (and believe me we've been almost everywhere).

1 / 3