Has Anyone Tried Organic Formula?

My daughter is 6.5 months old and by time she is 9 months I plan on supplementing with formula. I am looking around and not sure what to use. There are soy allergies in my family, so I am looking for one without soy.
Has anyone tried organic formula?

Hi G. -

My little girl drinks Similac Organic and loves it - I am not sure if it has soy in it though so check the label.

A.

Hi G. my son also uses similac organic and has no problems at all,he seems to enjoy it.I will be starting him on organic milk soon,(i do give him a little in his formula now)he will be one yrs old on 6/9,time really does fly!!!Enjoy every second!!Good luck with the transition!!

Hi, I went back to work & weaned my son by 7 months. We were using Similac organic but now buy Parent's Choice organic at Wal-Mart. I've read the label pretty closely and don't see any obvious differences - plus it's 50% less expensive which helps us. He hasn't had any problems, and I prefer an organic choice.

I use organic Similac with my son its a milk based formula. However, if you look on the back were the ingredients are...there is milk and soy ingredients (soy oil). He started with Similac Advanced, the organic kind is the same as the Advanced. Earths Best sells a good formula I hear as well.

I was doing some research today about the organic formulas and found that Similac brand uses sucrose as a sweetner while Earths Best and Parent's Choice ("walmart") uses organic lactose. I am def looking into switching over to one of the other brands. Although all of the articles said that there was no real danger or negative effect of the sucrose it runs the risk of giving babies a sweet tooth. And also, I wouldn't give my baby a lollipop so why this formula. Just thought I would let you know :)

Hi, I didn't try Organic Formula, but I did read that it has extra glucose to sweeten it and can cause more problems when you are trying to wean them off of formula on to milk or baby food that is not as sweet tasting. Good luck and hope it works for you. I would have liked to try the organic myself for my son!

1 / 3