Has Anyone Been Treated at the Headache and Pain Center in Overland Park?

I am interested to know if there are any moms out there who have been treated at the Headache and Pain Center in Overland Park. I have alot of back problems and have had surgery with little success in relieving the pain. I am curious to know if the center is worth checking out, what are your thoughts about the center, etc. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

I was treated there about three years ago after undergoing a hysterectomy. I had severe pain in one area of my abdomen after the surgery and a doctor at the Headache and Pain Center did injections into the area and the pain was gone after only one visit. They are awesome over there! Very professional and caring people. I highly recommend them.

I have been treated twice at the Headache and Pain Center. Once was for back pain. I was given 3 separate injections in my spine, and my back pain has stayed away for 2 years! I really had great results there. I did feel, however that the Center gouged me money-wise, because I payed more for tests that weren't necessary than I did for the treatment. I must say, though, that I still have total relief from my back problems (it was taking me about 1/2 hour in the mornings to be able to stand up straight).
Insurance payed most of the treatment bill, as well as the CT Scan bill, but would not cover any of the "testing" bill. The tests were an accupuncture, and an electrode-shock, to determine if there was any nerve damage or such. The first time I went, I couldn't stand for the doctor to finish these, as they were uncomfortable. But, I still got billed for them.
Anyways, my back feels like I've never had a problem there. I feel it was totally worth it in my case, even with the overbilling. The second time I went was for my elbow, and that, too has gone away!

I definately reccomend it! I was treated there twice a couple years ago. I have headaches every day and migraines a couple times a week. I had one shot in my neck and then was put on a daily perscription as well as an as needed one. My headaches pretty much disapeared until my pregnancy because I could no longer take the meds. So now I am getting the headaches again, but I plan to go back for more treatment.

David was treated at the Headache and Pain Center, and was extremely disappointed. He went there for a chronic shoulder pain that seemed muscular and a corresponding headache. The Center put him through thousands of dollars of tests, some of which seemed unrelated to the problem. They diagnosed him with problems that later turned out to be "shots in the dark," including carpel tunnel! Thank God he didn't let them operate for it, because he doesn't (and didn't) have it. For experts, they did not seem terribly expert, although I see others had better experiences. I guess I'd suggest that you take whatever they say and get a second opinion before buying in.

I was treated there about 5 years ago for headaches, and was so appreciative that I sent the staff flowers. The staff is great and I never had any problems with insurance etc. I highly recommend them.

Very expensive even w/ insurance. Decent results though. Takes many trips to get better.

1 / 3