Handmade Birth Announcement Ideas

Does anyone have any good ideas or pictures of cute handmade birth announcements? For my first child I loved the ones I made, but I'm not very creative and I can't get past that one idea and can't make the same one twice. Last time I used the cardstock that has a different print on each side and did a card that opened up so both prints were featured. I found really cute double sided cardstock again. Any original ideas I can copy??

I use www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery all the time!! You can type in "birth announcement," or something similar into the search section. (it's on the left side, you have to click the little arrow, to type) People post their ideas and with the intention of giving other people ideas! You are encouraged to copy!

I was just looking at the Michael's ad. It said that it's baby week in the store. There are all sorts of baby themed crafts on sale. They usually have ideas in the store and are even having baby themed classes. I think one was about invitations. There is a 40% off coupon that you can get online too.

I would do a big rectangle (just smaller than your envelope) of one side and then do a cutout showing the other side that is smaller than the bigger one (I would probably do one the same shape as the larger piece, but you could do a rattle or a carriage or whatever) and then use coordinating rivets on each corner. You could use vellum inside the smaller piece with the announcement info in dark print.

the other thing you could do is fold each corner of the cardstock over so that the double side is showing for each corner and it would be 'holding' the vellum with the announcement info.

I made both my announcements by taking a picture of the baby, and then the baby with her big sister, then editing the photo to put the announcement words right on the picture using nice fonts and colors, etc. I used Picasa which is a free photo editing software you can find at picasa.com. It was super easy and cheap. Although my husband works for a printing company so that was free but if you format the picture as 5X7 I think you can take it somewhere to print or even if you have a photo printer at home - just buy some 5x7 paper and print it yourself. Good luck!

i made all mine. i made sure i put a pic on it. this last one i put a lot of pics of my kids with baby. so cute ( i'm typing with one hand holding baby)

I suggest Splitcoaststampers also. Excellent ideas there.

1 / 3