Halloween Theme

Traditionally, I have my kids dress up for Halloween surrounding a certain theme. I have three little ones and we've done The Wizard of Oz and Vampires with a baby bat. This may be the last year that I can get my oldest (age 5) to agree to a theme. Does anyone have any "spooktacular" ideas for this year?

I used to do that too, L.:-) One year, we did a dog theme (Clifford and Blue) and another year Monsters, Inc. (Sully and Mike) although those were expensive costumes that year! My friend with 3 kids did Peter Pan (Captain Hook, Peter Pan, & Wendy). Please let us know what you decide - it will probably inspire others either this year or next. Good luck!

My daughter and son are doing a Little Einstein theme. We are doing Leo and Annie since they are brother and sister. I found the costumes on Ebay, a lady makes them in the sizes you need. My oldest daughter said she would be Rocket and I can get a Rocket costume from the Disney Store.

My sister is having a "super villain" theme halloween party. You could do super villains, or even super heros.

L.,
Since you are concerned about this being the last year that your oldest might agree to a themed Halloween costuming idea that includes younger siblings, perhaps you could enlist his or her help for coming up with ideas that would include the younger ones. This would give your older child a bit of "control" and might make the "themed" idea last another year or so. I hope that together you come up with something "spooktacular"! Have a safe and happy Halloween!

I know we all have our thoughts on what we would love our kids to do, but sometimes when they want to do their own things, it's almost heartbreaking. What if you have your 5 year old put some imput on the theme. Find out what he would would like to dress as and then sprout it out from there. This may keep him excited about everyone dressing in the same halloween theme for a bit longer.

Have you asked your son? Maybe he has an idea already as to what he'd like to be for halloween and then you can incorporate the other two siblings into the theme. And I agree with you about the theme ideas only lasting a few more years at best. They grow so fast. Ask your son and see if he has an idea, you never know. Good luck and God Bless.

A neighbor of mine does this every year with her 4 kids-very cute. One year she did the Cat in the Hat-her two little ones where Thing One and Thing Two. They've also done Star Wars-her older kids loved that one! I bet you can look through some of those Halloween catalogs or websites and find some great ideas.

In Parents magazine this month they had three kids that were bacon, lettuce and tomato...their parents were the lettuce. Too cute! Here is a link to their suggestions for group costumes. Good luck!

http://www.parents.com/holiday/halloween/costumes/group-a...

How about
Alvin and the Chipmunks (Alvin, Simon, Theodore)
Harry Potter, Hermione, and Ron
3 ghosts
shrek, fiona, shrek jr. (or shrek, donkey, shrek jr.)
The 3 bears
The Three Little Kittens (had lost their mittens)
--- you could read them the story too to get them excited!
Lion, Witch, Wardrobe
witch, werewolf, ghost
jack o lantern, black cat, witch

can't think of anything else right now.

The Adams Family, the Munsters, Shrek, Star Wars,

We have done three blind mice. Little Bo Peep and sheep. Farmer & farm animals. Crayons. Cowboy/cowgirl & horse. Insects with flower. Missouri Tiger, Cheerleader, and Football Player. There are endless ideas and lots of good suggestions. My oldest is 8 and we are having a bird theme this year with a flamingo, chicken, duck and peacock. Good luck & Happy Halloween!!!

1 / 3