Halloween Party for 7 Year Old

Hi. I am having a Halloween party for my 7 year old son and we've invited his entire 1st grade class of 18. We own a pizzeria and are having it there so there isn't alot of room for the kids to run around- but the party is only 2 hours and eating will fill alot of that time. Does anyone have any game ideas for the kids that don't involve running around the place? I'm really trying to make it special for my son and his class- my son has his Birthday in the summer so hes never had a Birthday party with his friends- only family. Thanks so much for your input!!!

Thanks all for all the great ideas. My son's party is sure to be a hit!!! I'm going to use the pass the pumpkin, pin the nose game- and the one with the socks/guessing- THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!- M.

I just had a Halloween party for my 3 yr. old. Some games we played were: bobbing for apples, I made a big bowl of oatmeal the night before , put halloween rings in it and chilled it in the frige over night. The kids were blind folded and had to dig around in the oatmeal until they found a ring. My son had a halloween ball and the kids got in a circle and passed the ball around while I played halloween music. Whoever had the ball when I paused the music was out. You could play pin the nose on the pumpkin. I hope these ideas help.

How about "pass the pumpkin"--use a small pumkin and some halloween music.

you can do this two ways-
~~have the kids sit on the floor and pass the pumpkin until the music stops, whoever has the pumpkin is "out"-last one standing wins!! (just like musical chairs)

~~have the stand up and pass it by chin--no hands allowed!!

I like the idea of the kids making there own pizza but maybe you can make it interesting and dye the dough and cheese green and orange to make "spooky" pizza's or different colors if you like--I have never dyed cheese or dough before but but its a thought.

Hope you have a great party!! C.

bobbing For apples is always fun and a healthy snack. Some Party stores have halloween games suck as pin the tail on the black cat or tombstone bingo. You can always make up your own games. Last year I got some orange, green nd black felt, magnetic tape and like a couple of packs of white glue(you can find them in a packs of 4 at any dollar store). I cut out circles with the orange and green felt and triangles of all different sizes and different funny shapes with the black felt and had the kids make their own pumpkin and witch magnets. It kept them busy for a while.

How about a freeze dance? Kids that age like to act crazy (my DD is the same age). You could play Halloween music like Monster Mash. And you could have a rule (that'll make it ever more challenging and fun) that they have to dance holding onto a chair (and the chair must remain still).

This has nothing to do with Halloween but may be fun nonetheless....Have each kid take off 1 shoe. Put all the single shoes in a big sack or garnage bag. Each kid will then take turns pulling out a shoe, take a guess at who's shoe it could be, and then find the owner.

make a mummy - get some TP and some parent volunteers. have the kids wrap the adult in TP from head to toe. the fastest team wins.

pumpkin decorating - get some cheap pumpkins, markers, stickers or other decorations. have the kids decorate their own pumpkins to take home

pin the nose on the witch- just get a witch poster and trace her nose onto another peice of paper. cut out the original and replace with black or white paper. play just like pin the tail on the donkey

How about painting a pumpkin? Your local pumpkin patch ussually sell jack be little pumpkins for a buck a piece and you can get craft paint at Micheals. Then have a contest for scariest and so forth. You can even have a few stencils to help out. That can be the favor instead of a bag of candy which they all will be getting enough of anyway. And...it takes up a good bit of time while they sit at a table.

You could have the kids decorate their own cookie/cupcake/icecream, whatever you are serving. Or since you have the pizzeria, maybe they can make their pizza.

the other ladies made some really great suggestions!!! how about halloween bingo? i know they're only 7 but you could make it kid-friendly... maybe instead of numbers you could do pictures, etc... and you could have little halloween-themed prizes (there is so much halloween stuff out there!!). good luck!

1 / 3