Halloween Fun!!! - Dallas,TX

We're a new family in the Carrollton/Addison area. I dont know where to take my daughter to celebrate the holiday. Im trying to find something for my 4 year old to wear her costume to and have a great time!!! Does anyone know about the events in my area the weekend before or the day of halloween???? Does anyone still take their kids trick or treating?? are there any special neighborhoods to go to?????

Welcome to Carrollton/Addison! I have live in Carrollton for nearly 28 yrs so if you would like to know anything about the Carrollton/Addison area just let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.

I am not sure of anything that is going on but I do know that some areas do trick or treat but mainly at malls or some churches have events as well.

Please contact me if you have ny other questions.

Hi, if you are close to George Bush Turnpike, then you may want to consider this awesome family fest held every year at The Heights Baptist Church in Richardson. The church is located just south of George Bush at 75 Central and Renner Road. This year, their Fall Festival is October 25, 6 to 8 pm, so you still have Halloween for trick-or-treating. The will have a petting zoo, concessions, trunk-or-treat...where children go from station to station to play carnival games and earn candy, bounce houses, a live band, and more. You can contact the church for more info or go online at www.theheights.org. The most important thing is for you and your family to enjoy by creating lasting memories.

The NorthChurch, right at I-35 and Beltline (on the west side of the freeway), has an annual Fall Festival event that is every year on Halloween evening. It is fun and safe for kids, especially younger kids like yours. It starts at 6:30 p.m. and cost $1 or $2 to get in, just to cover the cost of the games & booths set-up. Once in, the kids get FREE candy at every game/booth they go to. The games are set-up for younger kids and they love it. All the kids come dressed-up in their costumes and with their trick-or-treat bags. And, last year they had a costume contest which was fun. They also serve other food/snacks for purchase, if you haven't had dinner or you want a beverage break. We've gone for the last two years and hope for a fun time again with our 3-1/2 year old. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this one. Shouldn't be far from where you live at all. Just straight down Beltline from Addison/Carrollton. Then, you drive under I-35 and it will be on your left. Take care.

We live in McKinney, currently, but have attended churches in Plano and Carrollton who have fabulous fall festivals with lots of fun games and such! Prestonwood has a huge festival (they are off Park and Midway) as does First Baptist Carrollton (they are off Josey near 1-90). We go to the one at First Baptist McKinney (just off 75 at Louisiana), and it's indoors, which is great if it rains!
The festival in downtown McKinney is nice too. They are all fun and your little one will have fun at any that you choose.

The Childrens Lighthouse in Carrollton has one. Check out their website at www.childrenslighthouse.com/Carrollton.

Hi. I'm in Allen and we trick or treat in our neighborhood. We usually have close to 100 kids come to our door. It's so much fun that we don't even think about going elsewhere. If you want to go to an organized function, check with your local churches. Most seem to have some sort of festivities. Someone else mentioned going to the malls and trick or treating there. Not as much fun, in my opinion, but a good option if the weather is bad.

A., there is quite a bit going on around the area. You should go www.aroundtownkids.com it is a GREAT web-site that tells you about things going on everyday! Good Luck!!

Downtown Mckinney has a Fall Festival on the night of Halloween. I believe it starts at 4:30-6:00. All the merchants pass out candy and they have hay rides and all kinds of festivities going on. I have taken my children every year!
V. in Mckinney

1 / 3