Halloween Costume... - Uniontown,PA

Ok, so my son needs a costume by this time next week...

WE NEED IDEAS!

My son is only 4 1/2, so he is still pretty agreeable to being anything I come up with...

We like to stay away from really common costumes, and I love to make them myself, if possible.

PLEASE help me with some clever ideas!!

Thanks everyone!

I have a neighbor whose daughter went as a basket of dirty laundry last year. Cut a hole in a laundry basket, add some suspender straps & fill with clothes and maybe am empty detergent bottle....

Also "Static Cling" was a cute costume....black sweats and socks, undies, etc sewn all over.....different!

A crayon,

A bubble bath (take a laundry basked cut the bottom out to his size and glue white poster board on the inside to cover the holes in the basket) put him in all white with a shower cap on his head, blow up clear small balloons and put in the bath tub and attach some to him to look like bubbles. You can also screw a rubber duckie to the front of the laundry basket, or an empty shampoo bottle. You could have him hold a bubble gun to blow bubbles also. I saw a little girl wear this once, really cute!

A toothbrush or tube of toothpaste.
Scarecrow

my fav for my son was an autograph hound. Tan/grey sweatsuit, sew on some patches. A doggie-head mask (or paint a doggie face on him). Oh, & a tail, of course! The whole family signed him.....as did his friends. & the best part was using the costume for a PJ for the next two winters! My son did this in 1st Grade, but most 4 1/2y.o. can sign their name or at least make a mark.

Another fav was King of Hearts. Red sweatsuit, Burger King crown painted - with jewels glued on. Overcoat was a piece of white heavy-duty fleece (or white quilt batting works, too)...just fold in 1/2 & cut out a neckhole! Big red felt hearts glued onto the overcoat.....so he looked like a King of Hearts from a deck of cards. A belt to hold the overcoat on over the sweatsuit... & that belt held his sword! & that's it. My son was adorable!

Super cute and really easy...

Get a large clear trash bag, cut two holes in the bottom for leg holes, and the fill the rest of the bag up with little blown up balloons...

tape the top of the bag shut with duct tape and around the legs so they dont rip... and wallah... you have yourself a little bag of jelly beans!

A crayon,

A toothbrush or tube of toothpaste.
Scarecrow

We love Yo Gabba Gabba over here at our house. If you are not familiar with the show its kind of off beat.

http://www.costumesinc.com/t949/YO-GABBA-GABBA-Costumes.html

Yesterday I Googled DIY Kids Halloween costumes and found some cute ideas. One was a tornado made with chicken wire and spider web stuff. Another was a jellyfish, and another a cactus. 2 years ago my husband was Bubble Wrap Man in which he took lots of bubble wrap and made himself a suit. Everyone loved it. I saw cupcake, ice cream cones and cotton candy costume ideas too. Can't wait to start making costumes for my 3 kids and myself!

Good luck and have fun!

Get a pair of overalls and a cloth painters hat, splash paint on them. Stuff his pockets with a paintbrush and use an old paint bucket to hold his candy. He's a painter!

Use the same overalls (without paint) and make him into a farmer. Get some straw in his pockets, get a bandana around his neck and a cowboys hat. Get a small pail and write "milk bucket" on the side.

This year my son is a huge fan of Toy Story so I have found a yellow & red plaid shirt. I need to go get/make/buy a cowprint vest. We have a bandana and will make a buckle and a sherrif's badge out of cardboard. We already have a cowboy hat. He'll make a wonderful Woody.

Spiderweb - black sweats, take cobweb and spread around while child is wearing. Add spiders!!! (cheap, easy, and comfortable!)

1 / 3