Hairspray on Bathroom Floor

I have a problem with the hair spray on my bathroom floor. I can't get it off!! It seems like no matter what I use or how well I rinse the floor it's sticky after it dries (like when you take a shower and your feet are damp - you stick to my floor). I've tried several cleaners and none really worked. Now I have one of those steem mops that I really love for the other bathrooms and my kitchen but it won't get all the hairspray off my bathroom floor either. Does anyone know of a product or method to get that hairspray off the floor?

Have you tried ammonia and water? What about 409?
I was also thinking about trying fingernail polish
remover or Paint thinner. But let me know if any of
these things work?
My best to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a house cleaner by profession and I would use a magic sponge. The name says it all!!!! there is even mop form of it although its hard to find.

I don't know if this will work but try goo gone. I know it gets out stains and will get gum out of carpet. You can find it at the dollar tree.

Try shampoo. In college I had that problem and the cleaning lady for the dorm, told me to use shampoo. Just mix it up like you would dish soap.

NO chemicals like most are recommending!!! I'm with the gals on Melaleuca, go for that, get Sol-u-mel and get hair spray from them that is natural with no chemicals too! You can visit www.livetotalwellness.com/cindygeoff or www.2abetterlife.com Email me with any questions :)

Goof Off or Goo Gone :) It will take sharpie off of wood so I'm sure it will take hairspray off of a floor.

Try Vinegar. I put straight vinegar in a spray bottle and it takes care of everything from killing ants, to getting rid of mold and mildew in the shower. I think it might work for hairspay too.

S.,
I see that another mom replied with this answer already, but since I found that it was the only thing to work I thought I'd back her up....Scrubbing Bubbles. One of my friends told me this trick, after I too tried all the other cleaners and this was the only product that worked. I actually spray it on, clean the toilet/sink then spray again and it usually comes up pretty easily with just a wet washcloth. It might depend too on what kind of floor you have in your bathroom, mines just vinyl. Good Luck!

I read somewhere that it occurred to someone that shampoo takes hairspray out of your hair - so it ought to remove it from surfaces - in the article it appeared that was a satisfactory solution!

1 / 3