Hair Cut - Chesapeake, VA

I need to get my 13-month olds first hair cut, but would like a place that is kid-friendly. Especially since she has a blad spot from pulling out her hair, I would like a place that will give her a good haircut to blend it in well.

Thank you all! I did wind up taking my daughter to Pigtails and Crewcuts. She loved it! They stylist cut her hair in such a way that it kind of masks where her hair is growing in from the bald spot, yet she still has hair that we can put in pigtails. I was afraid they would have to cut it all off! Thank goodness they didn't.

Like the other response, I take my sons to Pigtails and Crewcuts on Laskin. They are kid friendly and help distract the children so that they don't squirm as much. One of my sons pulled on his hair a lot, too and it was better when we trimmed it really short so that he couldn't grasp it as well. Good luck!

Try Pigtails and Crewcuts off Laskin Rd in VA Beach. It is a kids salon with cool chairs for them to sit in, movies for them to watch while getting their hair cut and friendly stylists.

I take my daughter to Pigtails and Crewcuts on Laskin Rd. They do a great job and cater to kids.

I'm a professional hair stylist and I wouldn't worry about a salon cut just yet if she has issues from pulling her hair out, I would just ask someone who knows how to cut hair well enough to trim up the length and leave it at that. If you feel comfortable with it just do it your self, if she has any curl or wave it should hide any mistakes pretty well anyway.

I would work on her hair pulling though, it can cause permanent baldness relatively quickly, esp. at such a young age. I have a permanent bald spot in my lashes from a similar habit I had when I was young and the habit only lasted for maybe a month.

My son turned 2 a few weeks ago & we got his haircut for the 1st time. We went to Crewcuts & Pigtails. It's a little expensive for a child's haircut, but it took her about 2 seconds & they cater totally to children.

1 / 3