Hair Care for Baby

Hello, I'm a first time mom looking for advice on how to keep my 3 month old baby's hair moisturized. She's African American. I was told to put baby oil by some family members and castor oil by others. The baby oil doesn't keep your hair moisturized for long and the castor oil is too heavy. I really need help with this. Thanks :)

When my son was young I used this product soft and precious.http://www.softandprecious.com/ It works wonder detangling his hair. I hope this helps.

Baby's hair is very delicate.Be careful not to put many chemicals in it.I have known Pink Lotion always works and is not to heavy or chemically bad for baby's hair.

For African American baby hair, I find that baby vaseline and/ or a leave-in conditioner for children works wonders.

My friend went threw the same situation. There are products by Curls and Curly Q that work wonders. Never use products that contain mineral oil or pertrolatum. Use stuff that contains Jojoba, coconut oil and Avocado oil. Also try Shea butter. Hope this helps!

My name is D.. I also live in SI. My son had a similar problem when he was a baby. He is african american as well. I had the same thing with the baby oil, it would also stain things. Johnson & Johnson (I believe) makes something called baby oil lotion. It worked wonders for his full head of hair, and also helped get rid of the "cradle cap" on his head. Hope this helps. I would imagine you could find this in kmart, babies r us, or maybe a grocery store. if you can't maybe try to go to their website. Good luck. D.

Hi K.:
I am Hispanic and my daughter's father is African American. I faced the same thing with my daughter. I used a traditionally Hispanic and Caribbean product (if you live in an area where there are Hispanics, the likelihood is that it is carried in the local pharmacy or botanica). I used coconut oil (you can get it in a pomade or in liquid form). I prefer to use the pomade because it feels lighter and it doesn't have any other components, just pure coconut oil. Hope this works for you.

Hi... what about mineral oil? I'm Italian so I really don't know if there is something special for the hair...but mineral oil seems to work on lots of things.

hope it works!!

hey K.,
my baby too is an im white her dad is black and we use soft and precious moisturizing creme hair dress it leaves tmy baby girl's hair shinny and soft it is 3 dollars for a 4oz it last a long time and her hair is so managerable no i swear by this good luck and let me know

I am not african-american but my godson is and his mother uses cholesterol cream on his hair. She gets it at Essentials or any beauty supply store. I hope this helps!

Hi K.
Use a natural hair oil one with tea tree to cleanse and moisterize the scalp is important.

I have a 8 year old and a 2 year old and I use Warm Spirit products from the time my daughter was 4 & I've used the products on my son since he was 1 month old.

Anahitas hair oil and hair butter

my website is
www.warmspirit.org/michelle3152

what about olive oil? a girl i work with uses olive oil in her hair

1 / 3