Ground-in Dirt Stains on Winter Coats

I just took the winter coats down from the attic. They have dirt marks around the sleeves and on the front. I tried "shout" but they didn't come out. Any suggestions?

Try a "magic eraser" type product. I have used it on shoes, jackets & winter coats, & a white Christening style dress that my 5 year old wore to a wedding. She had dirt stains around the bottom, & food stains (chocolate & other) all over. I wet the eraser sponge & wiped. Everything came clean. Could not even see where the stains were. Then just wash as desired, or recommended. Regarding the jackets & coats, the eraser did a great job cleaning stains on the collars & sleeves.

I'd definaly grab the lestoil. That stuff works on everything (including getting crayon off the walls with no scrubbing!).

Try scrubbing some Lestoil into the stains. You can let it sit for a few minutes or just put it right in the wash. It has a distinct smell to it - but it wears off or you could wash it again.

lestoil. It works on all stains. Lestoil... you buy it in the section by Mr. Clean... it smells pretty bad.. but it works on grass stains on white baseball pants.. so it will work... pour it on stain.. wait about 2 - 3 hours.. then wash.. good luck.. you can also put some spray and wash and the lestoil...

I have found Hot water and Oxi Clean works miracles. I get the clothing wet with hot water, use spray Oxi Clean and let it sit for about 20 minutes. I then scrub a little and throw it in the washer with regular detergent and the powder Oxi Clean. I have saved a lot of items this way. Hope it helps.

I hear OxiClean works good. Ali

shout works awesome. I use it on ground in dirt stains on jeans and when i go to get that dirt out of the winter coats it works great. Get the bottle that looks like the windex bottle. That one you can even put on days before you wash the clothes if you don't have a full load.

Try rubbing on a paste of oxyclean and just enough water to make a paste. Let that sit for a while (overnight?) and then wash them normally.

good luck!

1 / 3