Greek Yogurt Recipes

Hi! I'm on a greek yogurt kick. It seems to be so good for you! I love that it is so high in protein!

Anyone have any healthy/yummy recipes with greek yogurt?

Thanks for sharing!

I mix it with a crushed peanut butter granola bar and whatever fruit we have on hand (usually bananas, raisins and/or apples, but it's great with berries). Sometimes I add in a very small amount of organic maple syrup, but not always.

Pumpkin Muffins

1 box of spice or carrot cake mix
1 container of peach or vanilla Greek Yogurt
1 small can of pumpkin
2 eggs
1 T of cinnamon

make a topping of 1 t. cinnamon, 1/3 c. brown sugar and 1/3 c. oats

preheat oven to 375
mix together the eggs, pumpkin and yogurt
add the cake mix/cinnamon and blend
put into muffin cups/2/3rds full
sprinkle lightly with topping
bake for 20-25 min at 375
Makes aprox 24 muffins

I made chicken tenders that were super yummy and juicy. The marinade they soaked in for a couple hours consisted of greek yogurt, worchestire sauce, soy sauce, garlic clove, paprika, dried oregano.

I like to make a ranch dip for veggies. You can buy a ranch packet (not the healthiest, though) or google "dry ranch mix recipe." Mix it in and enjoy :) My husband and I get lots of veggies into our diet by dipping various veggies.

I love using 1/4 cup of greek yogurt in my smoothies. It thickens up the smoothie and adds a lot of necessary protein for my workout at the gym!

I substitute it for sour cream in recipes :) we made very yummy, moist blueberry muffins with it. Go to allrecipes.com and put in sour cream or Greek yogurt or an ingredient I'm sure you'll find some yummy ideas.

I make my curry chicken salad using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. It's still nice and creamy, but less calories and fat, more protein and all around healthier in general. I also substitute it for cream sauce or sour cream when making "creamed" veggies-Greek yogurt, a LITTLE cheese and spinach, broccoli or cauliflower and you have a much healthier option with all the yummy creaminess. Enjoy!

Use it in place of sour cream.

I just used some in a chocolate cake mix. It was SO good. I thought of it late so basicly took out one of the egg yolks and added 1/3 to 1/2 cup of Yogurt. They usually tell you to replace part of the water.

We eat it with cut up fruit (pineapple is great), make tzakiki and dip pita chips in it, buy vanilla flavored Greek yogurt and add granola, or just use it in place of sour cream!

1 / 3