Grandparents Sleeping with and Bathing Their Grandchildren?

At what age should a grandmother stop taking bubble baths and showers with her 6 year old granddaughter and also quit sleeping with her?

If both the child and grandparent are comfortable why do so many people think it's wrong? I'm assuming she is sleeping and or bathing with her occasionally when they visit not every night right?

Why are Americans so hung up on nakedness and bathing together? How can people think it's wrong for a 6 year old grandaughter to sleep in the same bed with her grandma? I used to love to fall asleep in my Grandma's bed while she told me a story. It's sweet not weird!

I think she is getting to be at the age where she shouldn't be doing it anymore... that's just me personally. It comes down to when the grandparent/ parent/ child feels uncomfortable. Thats when it needs to stop... or even one of them.

The sleeping.. never :) Everytime I would visit my grandma I slept with her, I loved cuddling up with her! We would also cuddle up on the couch and take naps together also ( grandma had to have her afternoon nap, I usually just watched tv) and from as little as I can remember up until she passed away a few years ago. I slept on the "best seat in the house" ( she laid on her side, my head on her hip). Weird? Maybe for some... but for me its a great memory!

I can't think of why a child should take baths with anyone other then the parents. That's weird to me. I wouldn't allow it. (Nor would my parents want this, or ask for it.) Just my personal opinion, that really should stop.

The sleeping, as long as the child is comfortable with it...she can decide when she wants that to stop.

baths? NOW.
I don't think the sleeping together is a problem.

I would think that now would be a good time to stop the baths but it really depends on your daughter, sometimes I think we as parents make a huge deal about our kids seeing us in the shower and or bath. While I do not take a bath with my kids, they don't think twice about walking in on me and start having a conversation, I don't even think that they think it is a big deal. My daughter is 7.On the sleeping together, when I was a little girl I would always sleep in the bed with my granny. I was probably 12 when I stopped, but it was more like a sleepover, we would talk about our day and she would tell me stories. Those are some of my best memories as a child.

Stop? Never should have started (at least not the co-bathing).

When her mother and/or father TELL her to stop.

If the child lives with the grandmother fulltime, and she has custody of her, and you think that she will never stop, you could always go to court over it. The court may tell you to mind your business. Or they may agree and tell the grandmother to stop.

My opinion? She should stop doing it now. The child needs to learn to take care of herself in the bathtub and she needs to learn to sleep on her own.

Showering/bathing should stop. I think that is weird! Sleeping is different...I don't see anything wrong with that!

1 / 3