Grandparent "Nicknames"

I am looking for alternate names for grandchildren to call their grandparents instead of just grandma and grandpa. Thanks!

Wow! So many responses, Thanks! I have narrowed it down to a couple that I think fit my parents and I am going to let them pick from there. And, if he starts calling them something different on his own when he is old enough, so be it! Thanks again, everyone.

Here's one I didn't see mentioned, (then again, maybe I missed it.
Pappy, PapPap or just Pap
This is what my husband will be called when we get there...

What about Grammy or Granna or Meme? I never thought about the dog on Peter Pan, when my mom started be called Nana.. I liked Grammy & Granna, but my mom didn't want to be called either of them, but Grana is a mix of Grandma & Nana. The funnt thing is that my dad wanted to be Grampa, but my little girl said it her way, G-daddy! It sounds soo cute, 4 yrs later that's his name & he calls her his G-daughter.. Good luck!

I am married to a man who has a sailboat and the kids call him "captain" since they already have a grampy and a poppy.
he loves it and call the grandchildren his bonus grandchildren. My kids call him their "bonus dad" instead of step dad....He likes that.

My family is Hispanic and we have our kids call our parents Mother and Father. We (the parents) are mommy and daddy. We feel this instills a level of respect for the grandparents from the start.

Personality of the grandparents is important in choosing a name. I am 38 and my Mother is a young 58 year old. She likes to be called Mi-Mi and Dad is called Pop-pe. For my in-laws we use thier first name twice. For example Carol is Care-Care. If your Mother is one that has a perfect house and is always telling the kids dont touch or no. My friends Mother is referred to as No-No.

Pappy, PapPap or just Pap

Nan and Pop-Pop are what my folks go by. my Mom didn't want to be called Nana, because of the Peter Pan dog. :)

I have heard Gams for grandmother.

My kids call them Nana and Paw Paw! Or you could use Mimi and Pappy! Just a thought!

It is an age old tradition in our family to call granparents Mawmaw and Pawpaw (this is how you pronounce, we spell it mama & papa) But I have heard the Meemaw, Nanna, Grams, Gramps and all the other great ones the others listed.

When my son was young, he used to call them "Ma" and "Pa" for short. Now he calls them "Grammy" and "Grampy". On the other side of the family, the parents are from France so he calls them grandma and grandpa in French, which is "Grandmere" and "Grandpere". Hope that helps give you some ideas.

My mother is called grams because she refused to be called grandma. My father was poppy.

1 / 3