Graduation Gift $$ Amount?

Hello Ladies.
I am headed off to a graduation party for 3 of my cousins and have no idea what the appropriate amount to give is. The oldest is graduating with her Masters, the next has earned her Bachelors and the youngest has just graduated from High School. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance for your advice!

Hey S. - in my humble opinion, for high school you can do $50, Bachelors I'd spend $75 - $100, and Masters $100 - $125 if you're on a a budget. Its really about the quality of what you buy. You can always go up and down from there, high school students you can buy a digital camera ( more in the $60 - $100 range ) or a token gift like a sterling key chain, or a $50 savings bond. I think its really more the thought that counts. I always aim for a sentimental bargain. If you can get something memorable at a discount that's always the ultimate in my book!

I'd say $50 for the college graduates and $25 for the high school graduate.

$50.00=master $50.00=Bachelors $25.00=High School would be lovely...

....but not necessary. Give what you can afford with a lovely card from the heart and it will be appreciated...

I was going to say the same thing as the other mom did. $50 for the college grads and $25 for the highschool grad.

It depends on how close you are to the cousins and what you can afford, but either $25/HS $50/college, or $50/HS and $100/college.

S.,
We had so many graduation parties so what I did was went to Things Remembered and purchased gifts, spending $20 - 25 each. Everyone loved them so much. For my son's girlfriend I purchased her a pearl bracelet and then picked up a Webkins Kangaroo and put the bracelet in the front pouch, then I put everything into a windowed bag with a card. I spent a little bit more for her, but felt she and her family are part of our immediate family so I treated her like one of our kids. If you don't have a Things Remembered near you you can always go to their website, either way they are wonderful. I am going to use them for my son's 21st birthday as well as a few other places, plus dinner so that I can give him his first drink. LOL Anyway I hope this helps.
Hugs,

Curious You: On Your Way! (Curious George) is a perfect graduation present. It is an adorable book that really fits and it is a cute gift. You could give the book along with another small gift. Right now, I like giving Gas Cards instead of cash, everybody needs them. the book with a $25-50 dollar gas card would be fine for each. The book may sound a little corny, but it's cute, go to a local bookstore and just give it a quick read. For the high school graduate, gifts that would make sense in a dorm room are always a good bet or even a gift card to bed bath and beyond or amazon.com for textbooks. I don't think you need to spend more just because the older ones have completed more because chances are you already bought them high school and other graduation presents so you don't need to spend more each time.

I agree completely with April's response! If you dont go with the money, there are tons of Graduation gifts out there. If you go to Hallmark, American Greetings or stores of that nature, you could find some really nice gifts. But if you go with money, those amounts April gave are appropriate.

1 / 3