Gooey Slime in Carpet

I am hoping someone has a good suggestion for getting slime out of carpet. My sons squeezey ball burst in the toy basket and leaked right thru to the carpet. It is full of hot pink slime and I have no idea how to get it out! Help!

Try looking at this site I found on the internet.

http://www.wolfeflooring.com/stain_slime.asp

Good luck!! Sorry I have not had that challange yet... and I won't due to I now know that the slime balls can break!!!!

Try goo-gone. I have used it for silly putty before. You might even try WD-40. I have heard good things about that working wonders on many different things! Hope you get it out.

I'm not sure what the slime is made of, but if it left a greasy residue try some regular dish soap to get the greasy-ness out. If the hot pink dye from the slime stained your carpet I'm not sure if anything will work as it could have dyed your carpet. ChemDry makes a pretty good spot cleaner that gets out just about anything and it might be worth a try.

I'd be concerned about the nature of the slime...some stuff is sold (in those squeezy things) that is not non-toxic. I'd be making sure it was not a danger. Do you have original packaging...or access to it? If it is...I'd replace the carpet.
Whoever invented wall-to-wall? They must have not had kids!

1 / 3