Goodies Bags for 12 Yrs Olds? What Should I Do?

My daughter decided she just wanted a few friends over for a birthday party.Her birthday was last month but due to a death and I had to go out state we had to wait.So this Saturday is the party and I just don't know what I should put in a goodie bag for the kids to take home.I don't want anything expensive.I have mini candy bars but what else for 12 yr olds? Help!!

Thanks ladies for your good advice!.I picked up some different candy bags and asked my daughter what else is a good idea.She said just go with the candy bars/suckers.I let the kids pick what they wanted bagged it and they were all happy with that.It turned out to be a good party.Thanks again ladies.

I really miss those days! Hair ribbons, mini nail polish, headbands, barets, cute glittery pens, pencils. Have a great time!

I recently saw on a craft show where they made lip gloss for the girls at a slumber party, when it was done they packed it into an empty film container (that had been previously washed and dried) and the girls could take it home. The recipe was super easy and super cheap! White crisco and an unsweetened Kool-Aid packet. Mix the two together and thats it! The girls could pick their own flavor, and you could add it to a goodie bag (one less thing to buy) Plus it would make a good activity.

I think its cool when they do a craft together and then take what they made home as a goodie. You can do bracelets/necklaces with beads. Craft stores have all sorts of little canvas bags that the girls could paint and decorate or even do a shirt. They could tye dye shirts too. If you go to a craft store you'll find tons of options.

When my daughters have parties, I burn copies of their favorite CDs and use that as a party favor. The girls love it and the parents think it's pretty cool too. You can get the multi-colored CDs and put them in a clear goodie bag with shredded foil or wrap and put a ribbon on it. It's easy and doesn't rot the teeth!
Have fun whatever you decide!

How about lip gloss and nail polish? At Wal-mart there are tubs in the makeup area full of small bottles of nail polish in great shades for young girls. I got my daughter some in the summer and they were around $1.
Inexpensive jewelry might be good too. It seems that preteens wear alot of "costume" type jewelry. You could check either target or wal-mart for that too.
You could always give gift certificates for McDonalds...They should be selling the halloween books now. Last year it was coupons for free ice cream, fries and drinks for around $5 or $10 dollars for a book of them.
Well, that's all I've got! Good luck!

My favorite 'older kid' party idea is this:

Buy microwave popcorn packs (1 individually wrapped pack for each kid) and get $5 gift cards from Blockbuster for each kid. Put the gift card on top of the popcorn pack and wrap them together with some cute ribbon. They LOVE it! Good luck

what about a gift certificate to claires or limited too

Check out Target. They have a dollar section (usually as you are going in) and I saw some great girly stuff in that section just last week.

Any kind of cheap jewelry is good. Lip gloss, nail polish, hair accessories. ALSO, if you are into crosstitching, set them up with a tiny square and some thread and a easy pattern. 12 year olds love to be creative.

I have 4 children in their 20's ... 2 girls 2 boys.

Here is a good craft, that you could make and the girls could take them home as part of their goodie bags. With it being the end of the summer season, you maybe able to find some cheap flip flops. Take some ribbon and wrap them around the plastic part of the flip flop and then buy different types of beads and jewels and have them glue them on the ribbon. Picture frames from the dollar store are good to, if you can find some that are black wood or metal, you can have the girls decorate them with beads and jewels as well.

1 / 3