Goodie Bags at a 1St Birthday Party

I just have a question, Do you things I need to have goodie bags at my sons first birthday party??? some people are telling me it sa waste of money pelase let me know your opinions.

A girlfriend of mine took empty babyfood jars and filled them with m & m's and tied a balloon to each. Cheap and yet cute!

I had the same question. I asked my other mom friends and they told me that I absolutely have to have goodie bags, especially if there will be kids older than the birthday girl in attendance.

Not wanting to buck tradition, I raided the dollar store and found that there was a lot to choose from. I even got the goodie bags there. It was difficult to find things that were appropriate for children under three, but I got rubber duckies, water balls, plastic frisbees, Winnie the Pooh flashcards, and snack cups to put in the bags, all things that kids will actually play with. I even got some crayons and candy for the older kids. I will let you know how well this went over, but if having to constantly move my baby away from the goodies while I was packing the bags is any indication, I'm thinking it will be a good idea. Don't go overboard. After all, they are still babies. Good luck!

We just had my twinkies birthday party. I did do good bags. I got a big bag of mix candy from Costco. Any child 7 and under (i.e. no tweens/teens got it) each got some candy. For a 3 month old I got a onsie at Kohls for like 4 bucks. For the 1 year old, I got a onsie at Kohl's for like 6 bucks. Then for the older kids I went to dollar store... the boys got some plastic dinosaurs/turtles and sidewalk chalk. The younger boys 2.5 and under also got sidewalk chalk but also a book. You could probably skip it if you want but the kids who were 3.5 and up were asking about goody bags towards the end of the party. Good luck.

I think goodies bags are nice for older kids, but for a 1 year old it seems silly. Older kids seem to expect to come home from a party with a goody bag now. I guess going to a party where someone else gets all the gifts is not so fun...

It's really up to you. A good place to get good stuff for cheap is Oriental Trading.com. Maybe take a look at the website and decide from there. I hope this helps!

Hi J.

Waste of money. i went through that- my son is 13 years old. Invest in one thing that your baby can use and will have fun with- something the two of you can do together. I am single mom- save your money and just enjoy the baby. simple is good.

God bless.

L. K.

The kids really love the goodie bags. I like to do them but I am picky about what I put in them. I make sure they are age appropriate first of all. The older kids, at least mine, love getting pencils with designs on them. I also would consider MCDonald's gift cert. The kids love those. Buy a multi pack of Play doh and give out individual ones to the younger kids. Hope this helps.

Maybe you could do something different than the usual stuff you get from the party stores so that the one-year-old buddies would really enjoy the items. You could get inexpensive board books and make little bags of Cherrios, goldfish, animal crackers, or Puffs. But of course you don't have to have goody bags. Have a fun party!

If I could go back and do mine over I would get little stuffies and a gift cetificate for ice cream (scoop at baskin robbins) it is for a one year or two year old , so something they would like and who doesn't like ice cream.

1 / 3