Goodie Bag or Not ?

My daughter will celebrate her birthday at Build a Bear workshop with few of her best friends. I am wondering should I make them an extra goodie bag to take home ? Considering they will bring home the bear they make, have a cake and some token to play with the bear online later. Also it will be a day after haloween, which I am sure everyone will have plenty of candies at home. What do you think ?

Moms, thanks for your responses. She had a blast with her friends ! They all love the bears (or bunny, or puppy). We finished the celebration with singing happy birthday and blow the candle at the food court. Then had a bear birthday cake with a box of juice. No goodie bags :)

Definitely NO on the goodie bags Mom, the bear and whole (pricey) experience is enough. I think parents today are spoiling children too much and this gives them the sense of entitlement children and young people have today. What happend to the old days of a party at home with friends, family, cake , ice cream and playing??? Hope this helps and have lots of fun.

Skip it. I hate this trend. I'm 42, and when I was a kid, you went to someone's birthday with a present for them and you got cake and icecream and played. I don't know where this thing came from, but I don't like the idea of expecting gifts at someone's party.

You're doing a special treat by doing the Bear thing.

I would forget the goodie bag....unless it would be some cute little accessory for their bear. Are you paying for the bears or are the childrens parents? If YOU are paying for the bears that that is definitely enough...if the parents are paying for the bears then you might get each of them something to go along with the bear at home.
I hated all of the teeny tiny little stuff that came home in the goodie bags from birthday parties...just clutters up the house and gets underfoot!!!

Skip it.
The bear is plenty.
LBC

You don't need a goodie bag when everyone will be bringing a bear home with them.

Absolutely no goodie bag necessary.

i would totally skip the goodie bags.

Skip It- I do not like goodie bags. I hate to say but most of the little trinkets and candy end up in the trash. Save your money. You are doing more than enough for the other kids. Have fun!

I didn't do a goodie bag at my son's bday this year. I had some junk food at the party of course and passed out sheets of Toy Story stickers at the end as the kids were leaving. The kids loved it and lots of people have told me this was their favorite party I have thrown so I guess the goodie bags didn't make a difference to anyone:) I say skip them!

1 / 3