Good Tips for Nighttime Diaper Overflow

My daughter sleeps through the night, and has been since she was six weeks old, for which I am deeply appreciative! However, her pjs are almost always wet the next morning. Other than waking her up at about midnight to change her, as she goes to bed at 7ish and sleeps until 6ish, does anyone have any advice to keep her dry? Do they make super night-time diapers?

I always used a diaper insert. It always worked great for me. Not everyone sells them. Look for them where you buy diapers or get on line and research the nearest store that does. Good luck

For us, that was always the biggest clue we needed to go up a diaper size. We did not do overnight diapers, just regular ones. But that may be because the overnighters seem to be a new thing. ;)

My daughter has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 weeks old. Aren't we the lucky Mom's. Everyone wants to know my secret....Anyway my "secret" to keeping my daughter dry through the night are diaper pads. I use one every night and she wakes up with a wet diaper but dry clothing. Here's the web site to order them..www.diaperdoublers.com they are called diaper doublers. You can only buy them by the case 180 inserts for $48.94. Some stores do sell them. Good Luck.
Mom of Three

Not sure if anyone suggested this already but I cloth diaper and I use microfiber dish towels as inserts for my diapers, maybe at night you could just put one inside her diaper to help with catching more wettness. They are super absorbant. Stash them on a seperate plastic toate or something with a lid and wash them with a mild detergent like All free and clear with no fabric softner and no dryer sheets to help them maintain the ability to absorb moisture. Just dont use them for dishes later LOL

There are nighttime diapers available. For my sons, I would fold a cloth diaper and tuck into the front of their regular diaper. This usually caught any excess. If she is leaking through the legs, you should try a different fit of diaper.

My second son was a super wetter and the huggies night time diapers worked great! I would put him in it right before I put him to bed...after his last nursing.

Pampers Baby Dry. Worth every penny!

There are diaper doublers that you can use; they are resuable cotton inserts that absorb nighttime wetness. You can also use a diaper cover that holds moisture in. I carry covers at www.trianglediapercompany.com

we always had great luck with Pampers Baby Dry for nighttime. Huggies leaked for us. Pampers Baby Dry were the only diapers that worked for us. Good luck.

if the overnight diapers don't work, consider buying the plastic diaper covers...they even have the ones that are lined. You can buy them in a variety of sizes. They worked well on my daughter...I just bought the cheap gerber ones from Babys R Us or Wal-mart, but you can buy the high end ones on many websites that sell cloth diapers. I hope this helps.

Hi M.! When my children were younger we used Huggies Overnights and loved them. They are much more absorbent than regular diapers but they can be hard to find. I usually found them at Target or Babies R Us. Grocery stores don't usually have them. Good luck! I hope you find them and they work for you.

1 / 3