Good Snack Ideas for Kindergarten

My baby started kindergarten this year. :( We are to provide snack for 20 kids. We have a dairy and nut allergy so we can not bring things that contain these items. I would just like some FUN ideas for snacks that we could take to her class. ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU

We like to make trail mix by going to a natural food mart and using items from the bulk bins like raisins, carob chips, soy nuts, pretzles, dried fruit...and including fun items like sugar free gummy bears or worms, etc.

C.,
when my daughter was in kindergarden last year, i brought jello jigglers and fruit drinks or capri sun water. that was a big hit because its jello. and fresh fruit-you can buy a bag for $2.00 and it goes a ling way. we had the same thing in the school that my daughter was in. try it out and i think that you would be pleasently suprised and all for around $5.00. i think that the kids ae worth that much for all the work they do and for all they put up with!!!!

I got a list of nut allergy free snack ideas from my school. I'm leaving out the dairy snacks: bagels (split into 4), bread (use cookie cutters to make fun shapes), crackers or tortillas with jam, jelly, honey or apple butter; graham crackers; fruit (all kinds); chopped veggies; mini muffins; cereal bars; cheerios; Chex mix (without nuts); hard boiles eggs; and I'm not sure why they don't mention popcorn, pretzels, raisins - oh & they make a fruit "chip" (apple cinnamon, mango)- you can find them at Target I know for sure in the chip aisle.

That age group loves goldfish and pretzels. I don't know if they're actually "fun", but they'd like them and I'm pretty sure they're allergy-safe.

Edible Art: I brought in several kinds of vegetables that are commonly eaten raw. Of course they were pre-washed. I also brought in toothpicks, the round kind, pointed at both ends. The children put together creations from sliced cucumbers, carrots (sliced large or whole baby), broccoli florets, cauliflower tops. Then, of course, we ate our creations. I was surprised at how many of my kids that normally refuse veggies at lunch really chowed down on their art!

It is hard with the allergies. Also banana spread between graham crakers and then frozen. Really good and I added hershey chocolate syrup for dipping. :)

My baby is in 1st I know the feeling but I am counting down until the last one goes now! LOL :)

Apple slices with carmel dipping sauce is always a hit with my class, I teach 2nd grade. Good luck!

1 / 3