Good Shoes

Howdy,
I have been a big fan of the super soft soled shoes, such as Robeez and See Kai Run, for my daughter. However, she is outgrowing these toddler shoe makers' shoes. Does anyone have a good recommendation for kid's shoes?
A.

search for squeaky shoes on ebay, prices vary depending on what name brand gets on them, they don't go very big in sizes but they run a size or 2 big, you can take the squeaky thing out. Be extra careful that she isn't playing around loose nails though.

We are big fans of Stride Rite shoes. I know that they can seem a little pricey for toddler shoes but they last forever and are very comfortable and solid. REI also sells very good toddler shoes.

Stride Rite are great for toddlers. Very supportive and comfy. You can get them online. They come in widths too. Also, I just bought some Vincent shoes. They have a website too, and are having a great sale right now.

Rachel

2nding (or thirding) StrideRite, for ages 2-6ish....especially for wide feet. They provide great arch support & promote healthy foot growth for that age range. They bend in ways that adult shoes don't..and provide support for those same movements. All around best shoe for young one's on the planet.

If there is a Nordstroms in Alaska (boy do I feel ignorant with THAT statement), also seconding them as possibly the best place to buy kids shoes. They also have an online site...www.nordstroms.com.

For beyond age 6-ish (my six year old is the size of an average 8 year old), it's trial and error based on the way your kids' feet are shaped and what activities they do. We use mainly Vans & Adidas, & Teva's are great for warmer weather...but its going to be different for everyone.

How old is your little girl?

Z

My daughter also lived in See Kai Run, and we have struggled to find good quality shoes (fit/comfort,style, etc). I've looked at many stores and online, but I always end up at Nordstrom. One big reason is that I am not shy about returning shoes that don't work out well. As you know, the kid really has to wear them at least for a few hours out and about before there is a good sign that the shoe is not comfortable. When that happens, back it goes. That's where Nordstrom is GREAT. They fully accomodate returns like that. Fortunately I have not had to do it too often. So far, here are what I found to be my favorites (fit, support, softness/flexibility, styles, etc):

ECCO - great quality shoes; we have a few pair. They also make fabulous winter boots

NORDSTROM - Yes, their own brand. We have found some GREAT summer sandals - made in the quality of Primigi and other high-end brands. My daughter loves her current pair with the little starfish on the front. They were made with quality leather, soft/pliable rubber soles, padded heel area on strap for comfort. I was impressed!

CROQS - if she is not already in them, she will be. My daughter LOVES hers. They take the place of daily sandals in summer, but sand and dirt get in them and my daughter sometimes complains and takes them off to clean out her feet.

Hope that helps.

I run a store in downtown Olympia called The Chifferobe. I have been carrying SeeKaiRun and Robeez. SeeKaiRun has ventured out with a sister company call Eleven. They run from size 9-1. They wear really well. If you have any questions, feel free to call us. ###-###-####

Thanks.

N.

See kai run just came out with a big kids line called eleven. Other than that I too love stride rite or born shoes, check nordstrom!

I had the same problem with my daughters' shoes. When she really started walking I realized she needed better support. I've been really pleased with Stride Rite. They measure the child's feet and have a great knowledge about which shoes are best for your child's feet. Also, they're not anymore expensive than Robeez. My daughter is 18 months old and loves her shoes! Hope this helps

Our Pediatric Podiatrist recommends New balance shoes for everyone. He says they are made for little kids wider feet and have all the support in all the right places. They help their feet and don't moosh them.

1 / 3