Good Movies for 7-9 Year Old Boys

My son is having a few friends sleep over tomorrow night and he wants to watch movies, eat popcorn etc. He is not much into cartoons anymore and has seen just about every superhero movie out there. I am trying to think of some fun movies that the kids may not have seen before. Any out of the box ideas? They have seen almost everything that has been recently released so I'm thinking something Old School :)

my 8yo has been watch The Master of Disguise. He loves it. My husband recorded it on the tv and I find myself watching it. It is a very silly movie with Dana Carvey from SNL. Monster Squad is another one it sounds scary but isn't it's totally a kid movie.

Has he seen The Sandlot? My 8 yo loves that.
A ScoobyDoo Movie?

the first movie that popped into my head was the goonies!!! i love that movie. how about the swiss family robinson-pirates and a tree fort!!!

How about The Goonies?

Goonies
Monster Squad
Little Monsters
Big
Sandlot
Karate Kid
Vice Versa
Rookie of the Year
Back to the Furture (although some of those references may need explaining)
Like Father Like Son
Indiana Jones

The Goonies and The Sandlot both have cursing by kids. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Barnyard is funny esp. for boys (some crude humor).
My almost 8 year old also likes Everyone's Hero. Swiss Family Robinson sounds good, too.

Another vote for The Goonies. That was also the first thing that came to mind. The Sandlot is another good one. Our eight year old son really liked both of those.

The little rascals
sandlot 1
sandlot 2
the fried worms movie ???

1 / 3