Good Meals to Freeze Before Baby Comes?

Trying to get ready for the arrival of a new baby soon...anyone have ideas on where to find good "freezing" recipes to start making now, so we can have a stockpile before the baby arrives? Is there a website?

Thanks.

I did the same thing when my little guy was on the way and was SOOOO glad I did it! A great resource is http://www.savingdinner.com/index.php She has some freezer menus that are easy to assemble at home and are an affordable, delicious way to stock your freezer. It is worth the expense as it comes with your shopping list, food prep list and then the assebly & cooking instructions so you don't have to guess about anything. She takes the thinking out of it.

Here's another site I found a while back when I was getting into this http://snider.mardox.com/OAMC.htm

I recommend a place like woodman's or meijer for getting your food for the shopping, woodman's in particular is great for inexpensive meat.

Congrats on your new baby and for thinking ahead!

Chili, lasagna, spaghetti, soups, stews, make up hamburger patties so all you need to do is fry them. Almost anything can be frozen so when you making a meal just make extra and freeze the leftovers.

Anything with pasta: lasagna, stuffed shells, etc. That way if they are dry you can just add a little bit of sauce and they will be just fine. Make taco meat ahead of time. Also, you can cut up onions and green peppers and freeze them in little bags, that way you don't have to do chopping. If I think of more, I'll add more.

I go to one of those meal prep kitchens, and you can freeze practically anything. Soups, pastas, quesadillas, tenderloins (uncooked, but with all the seasonings rubbed in), marinated uncooked meats, casseroles. The things that seem to work the least are sour cream based sauces.

Try googling freezer recipes or freezing recipes for lots of ideas.

1 / 3