Good Acne Medicine for a 12 Year Old.

My 12 year old son is starting to get acne here and there. Nothing bad but would like to get him starting to use something to keep his face clean before it really hits bad. Any recommendations on what brand/kind to get him?

The ideas so far seem like good things to try. If you find that protactive and other off the shelf products aren't working, I can help you. I am a licensed esthetician & RN and own a skin care & acne clinic in the Denver Tech Center. You can read about some acne tips to get clear on my website, customskinsolutions.com. I am also a mom with a member perk here too.

I love proactive, or the generic brand sold at walmart and costco.. even if he just uses the facewash. Generic is Acne Free. I'm 29 and if I don't use that, I break out. I tried Mary Kay facewash and got the worst acne. I use acne free facewash and it goes away.

Something simple like a glycerin soap. I recommend www.soapourri.com for the best I have found. They are listed on Mamapedia as well. The most important thing at this age is to make sure he gets in the habit of washing his face every night (most important), and morning.

Hi S. - My sis is going through this with her son right now. I know I'm going to have to go through it with my boys as well. The best thing your son can do is to keep his face and skin really clean and maintain a balanced pH. Proactive products actually work very well and are any easy regimen.

Teach him to shower after PE or sports and to wash his face before bed. If he gets too dry, tell him he can wash his face at night and then just wash his face with water in the shower in the morning.

You might also consider a consultation with your dermatologist or an aesthetician to teach him how to care for his skin. If he gives you a hard time or acts embarrassed just tell him that you taught him how to brush his teeth and bathe himself and use sunscreen - this isnt any different.

SeneDerm 3 in 1 Cleanser- the brand is SeneGence,the greatest distributor is Leta Greene in South Jordan, UT. She had problem skin all through high school into her twenties before finding this brand and loves it. I've been using it for 4 years and will never go back to anything else. She will do a free consultation as well - over the phone in your case I guess. Find the product here: https://www.senegence.com/membersite/SeneStore.asp?v=ForY...

contact: https://www.senegence.com/membersite/contact.asp?d=letas_...

What is ACNE?: Congested pores Whiteheads Blackheads Pimples Pustules Cysts
These skin blemishes occur wherever there are oil glands, mainly on the face, chest and back.

What causes acne? No one factor causes acne. Acne happens when oil glands come to life around puberty. Oil is a natural substance which lubricates and protects the skin. Under certain circumstances cells that are close to the surface block the openings of oil glands and cause a buildup of oil underneath. This oil stimulates bacteria ( which live on everyone’s skin and generally cause no problems), to multiply and cause surrounding tissues to become inflamed.

www.CosmeticsDatabase.com enter the name of the product you will buy to see how toxic or chemicals it has, under search.

Some medications may cause or worsen acne, such as those containing iodides, bromides, or oral steroids. Most cases of acne are not drug related.

How can the xanthones in Mangosteen help acne?

Xanthones in the mangosteen juice is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and hormone modulators. Since the cause of acne involves all three elements it makes sense to use the mangosteen juice. The juice should be taken by mouth three times a day and applied to all the affected areas using the cotton swab

Take half a bottle boil it down to half it’s amount to make it concentrated.
Bottle it and apply it to the surface. Take 2ozs three times a day with meals. And drink lots of water, preferable distilled water.

Oly

I would say use facial cleansing PADS when he takes his daily shower. Dove makes a great one, although I haven't found it lately at the store, that gives a good scrub. Also, Clean and Clear has a spot acne cream that works really well - it can sting if there is an open pimple though.

It's okay to have acne, many people do. All you have to do is start with using Proactive or Clean&Clear if you see that it is getting worse everyday and try using astringent if his face is itchy. You can get Clean&Clear products at CVS, thats were i get mine or try Walmart and Meijer.

From, Ms.Butler
P.S e-mail me if you need tips; ____@____.com

My 11 year old has had mild acne since he was 8. We've used a gentle soap both morning and night and a couple times a week he uses a blackhead scrub. The scrub has kept it from getting out of control, but the chemicals are too harsh to use daily. I've seen a wonderful set from Arbonne for kids/teens. Their stuff is all natural. I just can't afford it right now.

1 / 3