Going Rate for a Teenage Babysitter?

What is the going hourly rate for a teenage babysitter? I have been using a 15-year old and a 14-year old.They have not taken any babysitting classes but are very reliable, and my son loves them.

We love our sitter because we trust her and our son loves her....and she cleans up the mess they make before we come home. She's 15 years old and when we asked how much she'd charge she was very shy and looked at her dad. Her dad said "How much do you want to charge?" and she shyly asked "$5?" but the average rate around here is $7/hour, and that's what we pay her. Her job is very straight forward and routine: she gives him the meal we prepare ahead of time, plays with him actively for an hour, and then changes him and puts him to bed. She is quietly watching TV or doing homework when we come home, and even though it's much different from when I was a teen sitter, we want to be fair to her and treat her well because she does so well with our son. We pay $7/hour, and sometimes a tip as well.

13 year old neighbor sitting while I'm home working - $5. College students $9. I think you can base it on responsibility, but $10 is probably fair if you're not home while they're sitting. :)

My teens, who have gone thru training, get $7 to $10 an hour.

The going rate in my area is $10/ hr. My 14 yr old is paid $10. She did not set a rate, it is just what the patents have paid her.

When we have a sitter, we guarantee a minimum of $40, meaning if we cancel for any reason, she s gets paid. That's only fair since she saved her night for us. I usually pay between $60-$80 per sitting depending on how late we are out.

Hope that helps!

1 / 3