Going Out of Town What to Do with Dog?

Hi, First of all thank you in advance to all that reply! What do you do with your dog when you go on vacation? We are going out of town for 2 weeks and so far we can't find an airline that will take him. He is a Staffordshire Terrior which is a brother/sister to a pitbull so alot of people won't take him, plus he is about 80 pounds. We have never left him in a bording kennel nor do we use a cage in the house either. My other concern is that he is 9 years old, I am worried that a flight and/or leaving him for 2 weeks will be bad, due to the stress (or am I just humanizing him to much). I have had my mother babyset him and for the first 2 days he didn't eat anything. What to do????

my dogs stayed for a week at LakePointe Pet Resort. It's in Rowlett off Dalrock. We had a good experience there. :)

Call Toothacres - they are wonderful - I have been using them for over 15 years - they have a website - they are on fm544

We have a wonderful dog sitter named Sara Sheppard. She is great with all dogs. We have 2 pitt bulls who are very sweet and well behaved. She is great with them. She takes them into her home, which I prefer over boarding them in cages. She has a great house with a big back yard. She works at Operation Kindness placing dogs in homes so she is very experienced with all types of dogs. He number is ###-###-####. Good luck. - J.

Debi Alford owns a business called All Critter Sitter. She has expeience as a vet tech and she cares for your pet in his home. Her website is www.allcrittersitter.com, and her # is ###-###-####.

I am not sure where you live, but we have a great deal of excellent boarding facilities in & around Houston. I own a facility in Kemah and we recommend daycare a few times for any new boarders. This allows the dogs to get a feel of our place & we can evaluate & see how they will do on a longer stay. You can go to www.abka.com & put in your zip code to find a place near you. You can also call and ask me any questions. Good luck!
Trisha Murphy, happily married, mother of a 15 month old wonderful baby boy
Bayside bed & Biscuit
www.bayside-bb.com
281-334-woof (9663)

Hi! DFW Pet Sitting is a GREAT rersource. they are insured, bonded and reasonable and they do other things like check your mail, water your plants - whatever you'd like! AND your baby gets to stay at home where he/she is most comfortable!

http://dfwpetsitting.com/

They respond to you within two hours day OR night.

Hi M.!

I use a wonderful pet sitting service (affordable pet and people services). Her name is Chris and she is very good. I have two dogs and a cat and she is wonderful with all three. When we go out of town she will visit the house or stay overnight depending on what you request. She always leaves a report card to let me know how they did each day and she also leaves a picture or two. On one trip we came home early and I caught her vacuuming.

She is really nice and great with Bailey, Jax, and Cash. Her website is http://www.affordablepetandpeopleservices.net/index.html.

Good Luck,

Flying is very stressful of dogs. My in-laws flew with their Doberman and it took two weeks to get him back to normal. When they got the dog at the airport, it was obvious that he was not treated good. I would never fly with my dog unless there was no other option.

I use Barking Hound Village down off Lamar and Barton Springs. It assumes your dog is good with other dogs - they have multiple group dog sessions and come home tired after your trip. I highly recommend them. GOod luck

M.,

We have used a pet sitter several times for our golden retriever and basset hound. They were both older dogs (our basset recently passed away), and while it was not the same as if we were there, Beth with BirdDogCatFish was wonderful with them! She would come over twice a day, morning and evening, and she spent time with them. They sleep in our room at night, and so she would go upstairs with them, turn on the TV, and sit and pet them for awhile before leaving for the night. We trusted her completely, and our dogs didn't grieve like they would have in other circumstances. It really helps when they can stay in their home environment, but I know some of the dog care places are also very good.

Best wishes! It is so hard to leave our pets behind, but I think it will be much easier on all of you not to travel with him. He will probably grieve a little but make an adjustment.

use a pet sitting service, they come to your house and walk him and everythiing. about the eating, well he will eat eventually when he is hungry enough

1 / 3