Glasstop Stove

My wonderful boyfriend should never be aloud to cook! I havent been on our new house more than six months, and we have a brand new glasstop stove that is disguisting! The few times he had to cook for himself he let it boil over and burn on the stove. I can not get it off. I have tried everything including the new Mr.Clean erasher and nothing. Do any of you wonderful ladies have any idea how to give it that new look again?

I love this site! Thanks to all moms. I will be going to the store to find the stove top glass cleaner and keeping my boyfriend away for the stovetop, lol. Thanks again to all the moms everyone so so helpful on here.

My husband makes similar messes when he cooks! Luckily, my father-in-law gave us some Cerama Bryte glass-ceramic cooktop cleaner, and it works like a charm. Don't know where he got it though, but you could Google. Happy cleaning!

there is a special cleaner w/scrubber pad that they sell just for glass top stoves, it takes anything off w/o scratching.
I found my at walmart or kroger in lebanon.

There is a special cleaner for the glass top stove, you can buy it at Lowes or Home Depot. I forget what it's called but is recommended for the glass top stoves. You have to be very careful what you use. My mother in law ruined the top of her stove using products that weren't intended for it.

Oh my goodness-----not suppose to use any thing but a soft cloth or sponge and the special cleaner they make for the glass tops, along with a razor blade knife to scrap the burnt food off first and then the cleaner . You can get the glass cleaner from Sears!!!
good luck

I agree with the cerama-bryte. When we got ours my husband made a MESS and my mother-in-law brought over the cerama bryte and they make a scraper that works wonders (probably much like the razor blade but safer :-)

At Home Depot they have something called Cerama Bryte and its for glass cooktop stoves. You just put a bit on the dirty area, let sit for a while and then use a Mr Clean sponge and elbow grease and it should come off. Tell your beloved that he ought to clean up the spills as soon as the stovetop is cooled down. You're not the maid!!! LOL!!! Thats what I tell my Hubby and he just rolls his eyes at me!! Also keep a razor blade (the old fashioned kind that are two sided) and hold it at a shallow angle and you can gently scrape off some of the burnt mess.

I use soft scrub with bleach. It works every time!!!

The razor blade sounds kinda dangerous to me, but my friend gave me a little scraper from Pampered Chef that works well. It's a brown flat plastic square and I use it with the glass top cleaner and a little water. Sometimes with fresh spills I put a little water on the area and let it sit for awhile and then it just wipes right off.

I agree with previous post. It's a white milky substance and you just pour it on, let it sit a minute then you have to rub a little with a cloth or paper towel(I found that dry works best). It takes a little work but usually comes up sparkling. They also make wipes that work for the smaller messes and daily cleaning. You're not supposed to use most other cleansers because they can damage the surface so be careful. I have found them at Kroger.

I would go to a place that sells these kind of stoves and see what the manufacturer suggest to use in such a case.Then maybe you can allow him to cook again.

1 / 3