Girl Names to Go with "Claire"

My husbands Grandmother (who has passed), her name was Clara Mae. He adored her beyond what words can describe... she raised him, they spoke EVERY day, sometimes more than once. It was a relationship closer than any I have ever seen a grandson ever have with a grandma. So when she suddenly passed I knew that if we ever had a girl we would name our baby in honor of her.
Unfortunately, his family ONLY produces boys so the likelyhood of a girly is rather slim. However, on a longshot we tried the Shettles method and we are anxiously awaiting to find out what we've got.

So.... how do we incorporate the name Claire into a name without the first name ACTUALLY being Claire?
What we're considering is something along the lines of a double name such as "Ella Claire" BUT Ella is used sooooooo often now, so I wanted to get some fresh new ideas.
Thanks,
C.!

Additional Note: I ADORE the name "Ivy" - I always have... I am tall and willowy and have long curly hair that reminds me of tangled ivy. So I always pictured having a girl named Ivy or Lily (because I'm the palest of whites you can imagine).
So.... Ivy Claire? Lily Claire?
Now pause for a moment. Say Ivy Claire. With a southern accent. What does it sound like? "Well, I declare"
Would you have made that correlation if I hadn't have pointed it out? LOL. I do love it, but is it tooooooo southern?
We ARE southern, but - - - -

I saw that someone else suggested this...Anna Claire. I know a little girl with this name and she is called Anna Claire, not just Anna with Claire as the middle name. Best of luck!

Are you against Claire for a first name? I think it's a beautiful name! I had a Grammy Clara too. :-)
Katherine Claire? (Katie)
Claire Elizabeth?
Elizabeth Claire
Claire Marie
Claire June or J-something? (love the nickname CJ!)
Kenzy Claire
Danielle Claire?

This are websites full of lists of double names, which I really like because as they get older they can choose one to go by, go by initials, or stick with both names.

Some I found with Claire
Anna Claire
Bettie Claire
Emma Claire
Eva Claire
Georgia Claire
Katie Claire
Mary Claire
Ida Claire
Nina Claire
Sara Claire

To me they all sound really southern. :) Not a bad thing. I really like Emma Claire, but you will have the same concern as with Ella Claire, Emma is very popular right now. I also like Mary Claire and Anna Claire.

Hope that helps!!

I think I am missing something. You want to name your baby girl in honor of your husband's grandmother, whose name was Clara but you want to use the name Claire?

I think Clara Mae is adorable. I don't understand the dilemma.

M

Some I found with Claire
Anna Claire
Bettie Claire
Emma Claire
Eva Claire
Georgia Claire
Katie Claire
Mary Claire
Ida Claire
Nina Claire
Sara Claire

Hope that helps!!

My daughter's name is Jillian Clare. I loved that name...and she does too (she's 18 now). We spelled it that way because our street name was "Clair" and I did not want her to think we named her after the street we lived on. lol

My middle child we were debating whether to name her Elia (after my husband's sister, calling her Ellie) which is similar to one of your two names or Hayley, so we named her Halie with that spelling. And her middle name is Lynn, same as mine.

Other suggestions:
Samantha Claire
Julia Claire
Hannah Claire
Clarisse Claire
Lillian Claire (and call her Lily?)

Either way you can't go wrong with what you choose because your obviously giving some thought to it.

Amanda Claire
Elisa Claire
Rachel Claire
Anna Claire
Courtney Claire
Shawna Claire
Emma Claire
Anya Claire
Mary Claire--very nice lady who is in charge of the Girl Scout Council here in VA.
I thought about Claire for my daughter's middle name. We settled on Jessica Paige.

I have Madelyn Claire which of course we love. The name Mae is beautiful , too. What about Paisley Mae??

What is wrong with just using Clara Mae? I absolutely love the name and it would be a wonderful way to truly honor the woman who made your husband into the man you love . . .

Ainsley Claire
Jenna Claire
Amelia Claire

Love the name Claire! Best of luck to you!!!

1 / 3