Girl Names That Start with the Letter "D"

Hello Moms!!!!
Please give me suggestions on girl names that start wtih the letter "D". We are looking for something cute, different and/or unique, not too common.
Thank you!

i see that many have suggested Delaney, and that was on my short list for girls names (but was hoping for something w/just 2 syllables and went with Audrey, my husband's first choice, instead).!!

Danica/Danika seems too prominent right now due to the popularity of Danica Patrick the race car driver...

But I knew a woman who named her daughter Danna (or maybe it was Dannah with an H), which I thought would be cute to honor my brother Daniel. I'm not a "Danielle for Daniel" fan, but I though Danna sounded sweet.

I have a Danica too (mine is spelled with a "c" - you can choose either the "c" or the "k" variation). Many people have commented to us how pretty and unusual her name is.

My daughter's middle name is Danger (yes, really), but that's probably not the kind of thing you're looking for...

I have always loved the name Delaney

I love LJ's suggestions: Delaney and Dillon (or Dylan!)

We were going to name our last child Delilah until she turned out to be boy and we named him Zander instead. Good luck!!

My friend named her daughter Davianna - Definately unique and very pretty! Congratulations on your little girl!

I know a woman named Danel ("DUH-nel").

I also like Dalia, Deirdre, and Danica.

Deim
Devon
Dawson
Dailee
Denium (like jeans) different but cute

I like Dahlia, Deidre, Daphne, Delaney, Devin, Diana, and D..

If my second son would have been a girl his name would have been Destiny. I love that name instead his name is Dylan. :O)

Good luck and God Bless!!

i like deonne, denice, dixie, dyra, I LOVE DARYLINNE(pronounced like daryl-lynne), darlene, deidra, delissa(M.) but with a "d", come its never too late to make up a NAME OF UR OWN, in the future it could become popular!!!! lol!!

Dayna, Devon, Dalhia, Darline, Denisa, Dominica

hey how abouT Diana ?? just like the princess??? everyone always thinks of the princess immediately after saying the name Dianna!

darla

have you checked out
babynamegenie.com?

Dallas, Daphne, Dharma, Demi

I have a friend that has two daughters and their names are Darcy and Daryn. I think that Daryn is very original and very cute. It is pronounced like the boy's name Darren. Also Darryl and Dharma are unique.

How about Damaris? It means gentle in Greek.

I know a little girl name Dailey. I also know a woman named Darby.

I used to think my name, D., was relatively uncommon, but there are a ton of us here on Mamapedia (I've personally never been a huge fan).

Delaney is a cute one I'd wanted to name a girl. My husband didn't agree.

Devon/Devyn has become more popular.

I'd check the Social Security Administration's website to see if you can search girls names by "D" and see what results are there:
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Debbie, Danielle, Dormilee (Dormi, rhymes with "stormy", for short, she was named after a great-aunt), Della, Dorothy and D. are the female D names in my family. BTW, my name, D., is pronounced like the boys name Derek with an "a" at the end, or like Erica but with a D in front. It means "beloved leader".

I like Darcy and Demee.

Delaney
Daisy
Dylan
Dionicia
Daria
Dayna
Diamond

Dana, Dena, or Dara (like Sara). Dana and Dena used to be pretty common but now they aren't. Good Luck!

I haven't read the other posts yet. So, sorry if I repeat. One of my friend's just named her baby Delanie. You could spell is Delaney. I think Dillon is neat for a girl since it is usually a boy's name. Best wishes for a great pregnancy and a healthy baby girl!

Of course I'm biased, but I like my name. I can call old friends, customers, anyone and I just say "this is D.." I almost never have to use my last name because not many people know anyone named D..

Davita, Delilah, Dacia, Desiree.

I've only known 1 of each of these in my lifetime (but no Delilah's), so I think they are pretty unique. Even though I haven't known a Delilah, I know there was recently a popular song that used that name, so you might want to look into that one. Good luck!

I love my name, D. (DAY-sha). Also, my daughter is Daphne.

I named my daughter Dena (or you can spell it Deena) and she happens to live in Frisco!!!! LOL!

Delia, Delilah, Delaney, Daria

My son's name is Dallas, but we have met a handful of girls named Dallas over the years, too. My daughter's middle name is DeLay (it is a family name, but you could spell it Delay.) Of course I am biased, but I think they are both cute!

We played with the idea of Darienne (which is a more feminized version of Darian)... It's switching the placement if the A and D in the name Adrienne. We agreed on a different name for our daughter, but I still think Darienne is pretty and unique.

I like Danae
I like my name but I get called Diana all the time.

Hi D.,
I am named after my great-grandmother, Dawnia. Nice variation on your name too, and is definitely not common.

Really like Dailey, Demri, Devon, Delaney, Dessa.

Also: Dionne, Derricka, Daniella, Drue (Drew), Dylan

I have always loved the names Desiree and Dominique. My mom did all "D"s for her children's name but mine is common, D.. Best of luck to you and congratulations!

I was almost named Danielle, and I've always liked it. It's not weird, but you don't hear it that often! You can call her Dani if you want to shorten it.

Deanna
Diedre - dee dra
Danica
Dixie
Desiree

delana (duh-lay-nah)

Danika... I knew a gal with that name- she was cute and spunky! It is different and has NEVER seen that name again... so this to me is unique

Demi
Darby
Daisy
Davina

My daughter's name is Dara (pronounced like Sara), and she is named after her grandfather Darius, who was named after King Darius of the Bible. It's the female version of that name.

I absolutely love the name "Delia" - I wanted so badly to use that name but we only have boys and we're done! So if you like it - it is yours for the taking! (I pronounce it Deel-ya)

destiny
but please don't name her D. I hate my name. :)

Dominique isn't necessarily unique, but I don't hear the name much anymore. And she could go by Nicki. I would suggest getting one of those 100,000 baby name books and opening both the boy and girl D sections.

Daphne, D., Danielle, Darryl

Daphne
Delia
Daria
Daniella

We have a friend name Dayana Abigail...

D.. It means Gift of God.

My friend named her little girl Darcy. So cute!

I knew a Danae and thought that was really pretty.

I had a student a couple of years ago with the name Dristyn. It is pronounced like Kristin but with a D. Very Cute.