Gifts for 12-14 Year Old Boys Under $20

At our church we have a Christmas store where families who need a little extra help at Christmas can bring their kids shopping. Members of our church donate gifts for the store. Our class is getting gifts for 12-14 year old boys even though most of our children are under 10 years old.
I know you moms of 12-14 year old boys are out there! Can you help me with ideas of gifts for them that are $10-$20?

Thanks!!!!

Once again you guys have helped me out tremendously!
Thanks for your input and have a blessed holiday season!

I think a leather football. Academy has them on sale a lot. They are fun and last a lifetime.
Also my husband loves those air hog remote control helicopters.

Rubik's Cube, Axe Spray, Itunes cards, Starbucks Cards, mini skateboards, beenie, baseball cap, hoodie....

good luck,

Avoid things with batteries. That is an expense they may not be able to afford to replace. Basketballs and footballs are always good. Sport shirts. Jigsaw puzzles. Go to target and check out the sports section and the camping section. A nice water bottle for example, or cool key chain. You may want new items. Otherwise I would watch for used musical instruments, like guitars.
You are doing such a nice thing. I wish you the best of luck!
P.

My step-son will be 13 at the end of this month, and he always likes to get cologne. It makes him feel cool, especially when he pours half a bottle on himself when going to school. Money, gift cards of any kind.

remote control cars; always a hit for all ages... basketballs, skateboards, sport items...

Okay, my son is a little immature for his age, but he loves board games esp the Ology games (wizardology, pirateology, egyptology, etc) and he also like the big hardback books based on the games. he really likes trivial pursuit too. Other than that, he asks for clothes, or books.

OHHH, He also really likes Uno, and there are a million versions of that game now!

Good morning, L.,
A great inexpensive gift for this age group is gift cards from Blockbuster, so they can have the fun of renting a game or movie of their choosing. This makes a fun outing for the family as well as the enjoyment of the game or movie.
From the look of all the emails you've received, you have a lot of great suggestions.
Good luck and thanks for remembering those less fortunate.
B. G.

When I buy gifts for other kids, I always get board games...especially when I don't know what they would like. Almost all are under $20, and if they already have it, they can return it and pick out something that they don't have.
(Of course with your situation, the kids wouldn't pick out a game that they already have at home.) "Scene It" games have many different varieties to pick from...kids and adults love them.

Everyone has already given great ideas but one thing I would be careful about is if you give an itunes or gamestop gift card, they may not have the ipod or gaming system to go with it. My nephews that are that age are so hard to buy for! We bought a set of different sports balls for $10 or 15 at Target a couple of years ago. Cologne or shirts or ball caps are good too.

1 / 3