Gift Ideas: What Do 8 y.o. Girls like These Days?

My 8 y.o. son will be attending 2 birthday parties for two little girls his age in the next few weeks and I was wondering what are girls into at this age. I know Webkinz are popular, but I am certain they already have plenty of them. My son mostly likes video games or sports related stuff, so that doesn't help me at all. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated???

Hannah Montanna, High School Musical, Jonas Brothers. My 7 y/o niece loves that stuff. You never go wrong with a little gift card to a place like Claires or Limited too.

Hannah Montana and High School Musical.. My daughter is 8 and my niece is 7 and that is ALL they want.. and they dont really even care what it is as long as it it is from one of those shows...

Anything Jonas Brothers or Camp Rock will be loved, this age also enjoys crafts. My 9 year old much prefers shopping at Michael's and Hobby Lobby over ToysRUs! And, believe it or not, girls like to play sports, too! My dgtr asked for a basketball and football for her birthday this year!

My 7 1/2 year old LOVES anything high school musical, Hannnah Montana, Webkinz, rescue pets, arts/crafts, jewelry, but if you want to go with something you know, games are always good. My daughter got a "Littles Pet Shop" go-fish game, and she loves it. We play all the time.

My almost 8 likes hannah montana, icarly, music, movies, beads and crafts. Craft kits are a great gift and most girls tend to love them. Even walmart has a good selection. My daughter also likes gift certs. So she can shop on her own.

Check with the local mall - ours here allows a "Mall Card". It is like a gift certificate but they can use it at any store in the mall! Then the girls can pick what they'd like to spend it on.

My daughter is almost 7, but she loves all the things that the everyone else has mentioned. Not knowing what things the girls may already have, I would go with the art supplies. My daughter loves that stuff and can never have too much! Paper, markers, colored pencils, a small sharpener, stickers and stamps- the list could go on and on. Make up a little basket with these items in it. You can find alot of it on the dollar aisles. Good luck and have fun!

Two of my daughters favorite gifts were magazine subscribtions. One to American Girl magazine and the other is Discovery Girl magazine. They are both geared for girls around 8-12 they are filled with advice, craft ideas and recipes. And she get's so excited to see them in the mail box each month.

P.

My daughter is the same age and she loves anything that is Hannah Montana, another idea is a little gift basket you could make with things like lip gloss, kids jewlery is cheap and in that same section is everything a girl that age could want... Hope it helped.

When in doubt, give a gift certificate or cash. Some kids just like to shop for themselves. My son will be 8 in July and he loves getting money as does my now 5 yr old daughter.

1 / 3