Gift Ideas for In-Laws Who Have Everything

ANY ideas would be appreciated! I have the same dilemma every year - my inlaws have just about everything. Plus they are picky...not in a mean way, but it would be nearly impossible to get clothes, and things like candles are out, as my FIL can't stand anything "smelly". I try to think of something creative every year, but time runs out & we just end up getting them gift cards for restaurants & gas. Also, they are very well off. Do people with plenty of extra $ even care to get gift cards? I always end up feeling very guilty because they get us quite a pile of gifts to unwrap, and we have nothing for them but a card with a few gift cards. It is just my hubby & his sister, they have a very small family as well, so it would be nice to get them some things to actually unwrap.

My hubby is no help whatsoever. And, I feel like it defeats the purpose a little if I ask for a specific list, then get them exactly what they request, when they can just buy it themselves. I would prefer something that's a nice surprise. This year their first grandchild was born (our daughter), so we can work that in somehow? Does anyone have any suggestions? I always "chicken" out of getting them actual gifts, but I'm sick of getting them the same old predictable gift cards each year! HELP

What we have decided to do is give consumables. One of my favorited is Beer Bread from Pampered Chef. We are doing that and a couple of bottles of beer to make it and each box comes with 2 mixes. I think for people who have everyhting, something consumable is the best!

http://www.mainelobsterdirect.com/Catalog/lobsters.cgi/We...

Maine Lobster Dinners - all different options and prices... delivered live or not. My In Laws LOVED it last year!

Are they "into" they're grand baby? If so - how about a photo gift? You can have mugs made, sweatshirts, blankets, cards, tins, calendars.... My Mom loves photos of her grandchildren. Especially things she can carry around with her and show off.

Perhaps you could donate to charity in their name. Every year I get my parents a Heifer International gift because they say they just want to keep what they have and do not need any more gifts. This way we help out the needy. Also, you could make a book highlighting your child's life thus far. Snapfish makes it really easy.

I don't mean to be negative, but what did your husband do for them before you married him? At my house, my husband feels that his family is still his responsibility, it didn't just end when he got married. I just don't get that.

I know one thing they probably don't have and only you can offer them. A picture sitting with their grandchild-I'm sure they would absolutely love it. It's meaningful and doesn'e have to be expensive. You can give them a gift certificate in a pretty frame. That way they can actually put a picture from the sitting in it too.

I see others have suggested this as well, but photo gifts are great! We have started doing a calendar with pictures of our son and the grandparents love them! We also do memory books every year. We get them done at Walmart and they are really inexpensive and turn out great.

Well ok u have a 6 month old and this is their first grandchild? Take your little girl and get her picture done professionally and then have it either put on a blanket that they can use or in a frame with her name her bday and all that stuff. That way they have something to always remneber her by and can look at everday. Babys grow up very quickly get them something to remeber her baby years because they go by so fast.

With a new grandbaby in the midst you should have Christmas wrapped up every year now! Most parents and in laws have most everything they need- So when my son was born- I started making/buying Christmas ornaments with my son's picture on them. Or a simple 5x7 Christmas photo in a nice frame. I try to change it up a bit every couple years or so, a mug, or a calendar- but what grandparent can complain about getting their only grandchild in a gift?? I am sure for those who have 20 grand kids it might be an issue- but I too am from a small family- 3 grand kids in one and only 6 in the other- so it's easy for me to do- good luck and have fun!

Last year I was trying to save money and I also have the same problem with grandparents who have everything. So, I made photo calendars and photo mouse pads for everyone. It was such a big hit that I am going to do it again this year. I use Costco, they had the best prices.

1 / 3