Gift Ideas for Godchild

I really need some gift ideas for my new godchild! I want to get her something very special as she is my first niece, but she has 3 other aunts and a TON of family on her mother's side of the family and I am afraid if I go with something like a gift from Tiffany, that it would end up being a double gift. This has happened often! Does anyone have some unique gift ideas for her christening? The christening is June 20th, so I've got some time, but not a lot. Help please!!!

I make afghans for gifts. Everyone loves them and it is something they will have the rest of their lives. I make them for babies, children and adults. I am now working on two for wedding gifts and one childs gift. Also another great gift is a handmade photo frame. Any homemade gift I think is the best gift of all.

we just had my son baptized and he got a beautiful set of rosary beads that were blessed to wear for the ceremony and to keep for his First Communion and Confirmation. Maybe you could get a nice pain and have them engraved.

How about a savings bond in her name . It will have grown alot by the time she is old enough to cash it. With so many other baby gifts, this is one thing no one will think of. I bought one for my daughter after she was born and gave it to her on her 18th birthday. She was thrilled.

Check out http://www.M.-creative.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_31
You could give her a custom made outfit with ther monogram or her name.

How about going for something sentimental? There are some places in Pinellas Co and Tampa (I'm sure there must be one in your area) that you can go and make beautiful pottery pieces - plates and frames and all kinds of things. I love the plates - it is a wonderful way to commemorate an important date and it will be one of a kind! Even if you aren't terribly creative, the people that work there will be able to help you or even do it for you. Here is a link to a place I use. http://www.bisqueitz.com/bisqueitz.html

Call me crazy, but I am the sentimental type. I think at this time you should give them gifts that will last. When I became a God parent I went to the local Christian book store and bought a precious moments cross that hung on the wall with a prayer on it. I also went to things remembered in the mall and bought a silver picture frame and had it engraved gift from God and the date. I bought 2 of these. My husband and I were both God parents. I put a picture of us together in both frames. Since it is a girl I am always drawn to jewelery, as well. I love the idea of starting her out with a charm bracelet and her first charm. It could be the beginning of a tradition, and you could give her a caharm every year. Good Luck and give from the heart. Shop early so you don't get into a crunch at the end and end up settling.

Hello R., Sorry I just read your request (a little bit too late) Usually the Godmother is responsible for the Christening outfit from the gown, blanket, socks etc. In terms of the jewerly, I saw some great precious metals with Swavorski crystals bracelets, earings etc. The packaging is so cute like little lolipops $10-20 (they are having great sale now) at "Strasburg Children" at Westshore Mall (right next to Saks Fifth Avenue) Maybe you could consider it for your Goddaughter's Christmas and b-day gifts or your Sassy Daughter. Also they are selling th most beautiful hair accessory now marked down to .99-2.99 much nicer than Nordstorms. Please let me know if you liked anything there.

Hi there, don't fret, the gifts that matter come from the heart and not the wallet. I gave my GodDaughter a beautiful charm bracelet. It was from Silpada (not sure if you have that down here, I am from MA) When her Mom opened it (as everyone else looked on) she gasped (as did everyone else). It was basically a sterling silver bracelet with a small box charm attached to it. It was so perfect and everyone loved it! As I said, I don't know if you can get that down here, but I'm sure you can find something similar. It was such an elegant gift....a small bracelet for a child. I should have purchased more for the rest of my growing family. Hope this helps!

I've recently come against the same dilemma and for my god-daughter I've decided to give her a gold chain with a pearl. For each Christmas,B-Day,Special Occasion,etc, I will add a pearl for each occasion (along with other presents).When time comes for her 21st B-day she will have a very nice set of pearls(and what lady dosen't like pearls) At that time ,I will have the pearls properly put on the silk string that a full set normally comes on.I'm hoping thru the years it should be exciting for her to watch the stran grow.I am sure I will spoil Bella anyways, but this idea seems very dear to me...

Hi R.--my name is Laura Paredes and I own Peanut Gallery Art. I sell my art throught Little Peeps (a boutique in South Tampa) and you can also order directly through me. I make a beautiful painted cross that is on a 5 x 7 canvas that sells for $40. They sell very well. I would be glad to send you some photographs via email! If you are looking for silver or pewter, Magnon jewlers is my favorite place for gifts like that!

1 / 3