Gift Ideas for Babysitter

I'd like to give our babysitter (home sitter, adult) a gift as she will no longer be watching our daughter. Any ideas on inexpensive, nice gifts? Any babysitters who can let me know what you would like to receive? Thanks!

When my daughter was young she was in a home daycare. We gave the sitter a cash gift equal to her weekly pay. I also agree that a personal - maybe handmade gift from you children would be nice and something she can keep.

I've collected gift ideas from providers all over the country and put them all on a webpage that you can view here: http://stepbystepcc.com/gifts.html Hope that helps.

I may be strange but as a sitter I love the same handmade "mommy" gifts that most moms love to get. i have momentos from all the children i have cared for over any length of time and cherish them as much as the keepsakes my own children have made for me, often when a child is here for a long period of time they really do become a part of the extended family. hth

I watched two girls for over four years and the gifts that I loved the most were the ones that were personalized from them.
Not sure where you live, but you can go to one of the paint your own pottery places and make a coffee mug with your daughters handprint on it. It should cost under $15 or so. And she will never forget it.
In Columbus there are a few places called Colour Me Mine. You should be able to find them on line. I know that there in one inside at Easton. And in Delaware ohio there is one downtown that is called The Bare Bowl. It is a bit cheaper then the other place and far more personal. Good luck!

I am an in home child care provider in Stow, OH. I have received several gifts from families whose children no longer come here - things such as a cookie basket ~ a fruit basket - one family made up a basket of board books and toys!! it was such a nice idea, wasnt very expensive and meant so much!! Hope those ideas were helpful! As a child care provider, it is nice to know that we are appreciated by the parents whose children we care for!!

Not sure if you're talking about a daycare type babysitter or a teenager... but when I was a teen, my favorite gift was a gift certificate (or giftcard nowadays) to the mall. When I ran a home-daycare, I loved getting a big beautiful hanging basket of flowers! =)

I usually combine both of the ideas given. You could have your daughter finger paint a picture or soemthing of the sort and then also get her sometthing. I would guess that you know what she likes or her hobbies. For our babysitter's birthday, I got her some scrapbook paper and a giftcard to Michael's, that way I put some thought into it, but I also let her do some shopping.

how about a small framed picture of your baby?

If she collects something adding to her collection would be nice. I babysit & I also love giftcards to restaurants or lotions.

1 / 3