Gift Ideas for an 11-Year Old Girl

I need to get a gift (under $20) for an 11-year old girl. I have two young boys and have no idea what girls this age would find fun & interesting. Would appreciate any suggestions. TIA.

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful ideas. How awesome to get so many suggestions in such a short time - it really helped my shopping! I decided to get a small craft kit (Tinkerbell charm bracelet - since I know she likes Timkerbell) and a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble (to select her own book/music). Mamasource is great!

I have found that with older kids - money or gift cards are really the best. But I hated doing that. It is just so unimaginative. My son is 13 years old and when he began being invited to girls birthday parties, I did not know what to do. A mother of three girls told me a cute trick - tape 11 dollar bills (or how ever old they will be) together end on end. Then take a small box and cut a hole in the top. Put the roll of money in the box and let the end of the first dollar stick up slightly from the hole in the box. Attach a piece of paper that says "Pull." You can even put a piece of paper at the end with "Happy Birthday." You can add a $5 bill "to grow on." This has been a BIG HIT at every party that we have done this. The kids love it!

We have expanded this idea to many cute things, since he is invited to parties that have many of the same people. One time, we taped $12 worth of dimes together. We have also made a Christmas tree out of money, a money necklace (rolled up dollars for beads), dollars attached to cheap flip flops, etc. We even made a hockey puck and hockey stick out of dollar bills for a boy's birthday. My son and I have enjoyed being creative together and the kids that get these gifts are truly amazed. One girl said she has never taken the gifts apart, because she thinks they are so cool.

That is a hard age sometimes. I signed up on the ToysRUs website and get daily emails that include incredible coupons. They always have cool stuff for girls. At that age it is sort of hit or miss thou. I think you may be safe with possibly some young girl makeup or styling stuff. Possibly a gift card to a local game store or cd store.

If you do not know this little girl very well I would suggest a gift certificate (I know these are uncertain times) to very stable retailer and then she could go shopping for herself. Unless she has specifically stated something that she likes.

Good Luck.

My daughter is 11, but I don't think she is into what a lot of 11 year old girls are into...

My daughter LOVES the "Twilight" series of books. Also, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" series. She loves to write and create stories. She also will pick up her journal on a regular basis. She is very much into finding "her own style" and while she is not a mall rat, she would love to go and study the window mannequins to see how they have styled their clothes. Music, music, music. People say that a gift card is too impersonal, but I think sometimes it is the PERFECT gift! I know I would rather get a gift card from some people instead of them getting me something I don't want or need! :)

Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Sam's has this glamour girl makeup kit. It's a large box that has trifolds and both sides fold out. It has all the essential beauty tools ie nail file, nail polish, lipstick, blush, mascara, mirror, etc..Its super cute and its right @ $20!!!!! My 2 year old wants it but I think she will have to wait for it...I think it would be a really cute gift!!!

My 11 year old likes Webkinz. She has an Ipod and a prepaid phone, and always enjoys $ for one of those. She likes gift cards for Wal-Mart and Michaels. Ultimately, though - she prefers green paper with autographed pictures of dead presidents. :) Especially on smaller gifts... she saves until she can afford something she wants. (Her #1 right now is a Nintendo DS).

My 11 year old has the following types of things on her wish-list...

Tamagotchi V.5
American Girl Books and doll accessories
Spa Kits
Webkinz (either kids love them or have no use for them at all)

She also loves gift cards. We make sure she knows from whom the money is and ensure they get a specific thank you on what was bought with that card.

I have 4 girls so love to buy girl things!! 11 is a great age for a scrapbook kit. All my girls loved crafty things at that age...even the ones that turned out to not be real crafty. You can find some cute ones at Walmart that have everything she would need to create a small scrapbook.

Good Luck.

My eleven yr old neice's "wish list" for Christmas is The Taylor Swift cd, The Jonah's Bros cd, and Aeropastle perfume. I got her a cute outfit from there also. HTH

1 / 3