Gift Ideas for a Second Wedding

I am attending a relative's wedding in December. It is the second marriage for both, so they have all they need. Any gift ideas?

Thanks to all that responded. I have decided on a gift card. This way they can get what they want, or still need.

My husband and I received gift cards and loved them. there are still things that are needed, just not typical wedding gifts. It worked well for us.

I would do cash or a generic gift card. If you think they would be offended at cash do a donation to a charity in their name. One other idea is a bottle of wine with their name and the date of the wedding on it. Most wineries will do this for you, usually online even.

I attended a couple weddings this summer and took a bottle of wine from the year they met (both in 2003) that they could open on their anniversary. Just ask the wine shop sales person which wines are best for saving - not all are meant to be shelved.

Check out fromthebluebag.com....It's a Cleveland company that does cheese plates and other unique gifts from melting wine, champagne and beer bottles. Cute stuff -- and usable...And can be personalized. Not only that, but it's GREEN...keeps bottles from ending up in landfills.

I think that a gift cert or card to their fav restaurant would be a nice idea. Or maybe even a one to a hotel or something so they can use it at a later date. Maybe a gift cert to a portrait studio so that they can go get family pics later, with kids, grandkids, whateveer their situation is. Photo frames are ALWAYS a nice gift, but I know that I would rather of had ones to go with my decor than the silver ones and such that I never used. I'm sure that a gift basket of different things like, candles, champagne, glasses, some bubble bath (for her) something little for him, just things that would help them relax together after a long day would be appreciated. I hope you find the gift you are looking for. There might be something online that you can google that could give you an idea for a "second wedding" gift. Good luck to ya.

I agree with the gift cards-restaurants are great, as are their favorite stores-think out of the box too---do they like wine with dinner? Maybe a gift card for a local winery.....
My favorite thing to buy for any couple is a dated Christmas ornament-they have really nice ones at Hallmark, Lenox, etc. I almost always do an ornament with a gift card myself whether its a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, whatever!

A nice picture frame is always welcome...

R.

I like doing up baskets with massage oils/flavored body paint/etc., some lingerie, bottle of wine, and wine wine glasses, and other romantic type items. Some of the "pleasurable" things can be rather expensive so choose wisely. All of our friends love it!!! Good Luck.

If you don't want to do a sampler with their names, wedding date, etc., and have it framed for them, give them a photo album for memories of their special day then:
A gift certificate to a restaurant you know they like.
Passes to a movie theater if they like going to the movies.
If they bowl or golf passes to a local facility.
A Christmas Ornament commemorating the year they were M..
A basket full of candles, and snacks for an evening home in front of the TV.
Hope one of these suggestions will help.
I generally make afghans for people or Holiday Decorations so I guess I'm not much help!
Hope one of the ideas will come in handy.

Cash. The one thing anyone can use!

1 / 3