Gift Ideas for 3 Year Old Son!!

I am having a hard time deciding what to get my son for his third birthday. If anyone has any ideas of good toys, whether it be educational,creative, etc, then I am all ears!! Thanks a bunch!

I know that it sound really young, but for my daughter’s third birthday, we got her a computer… and if you don’t have that much money, there are some wonderful educational games for learning numbers (math) and colors/shapes/sizes and letters/words by Disney. She was so used to using the computer that in kindergarten she would help the teacher get them all ready for the other kids…I believe it will really help her in the long run to be more technical in a digital world. Best of luck

I have gotten wonderful toys from this website: http://www.ebeanstalk.com/ for my son and nephews, and they enjoy them as much as I do.

Other good sites are:
http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/ which sells classic games, toys, and hobbies.

http://www.barclaywoods.com/home.htm which sells high-quality block sets.

I think you should look into Rescue Heroes, My now 7 year old sons third birthday was a rescue hero explosion and he loved it!
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/rescueheroes/default_flash...

My 3 year old says you should get him a Robot. Hope that helps = )

Sometimes we don't get our boys toys, etc. Mostly because they get so much from family that it has gotten very overwhelming.

We take the boys to the zoo for their birthdays and they love it! Our boys are 2 & 4.

Just an idea!

Age 3 is a good time to start asking what he would like to have for his birthday. It saves you a lot of time and as long as his request is reasonable it lets you off the hook of finding the perfect gift. My son usually surprises me by wanting very simple, inexpensive items. Try it! You may have to redirect his thinking if he wants a live giraffe or a pool 'in' the house but it may teach him to choose carefully and could save you from purchasing unwanted gifts.
J. R.

Wooden train set!

As a mother of 4 boys I know that trains give hours of fun.

The Brio sets can be quite expensive, but there are cheaper Brio compatible sets available. The Brio set also have characters like Thomas the Tank Engine and Bob the Builder.

Trains sets are good because you can add peices (buildings, bridges, new engines etc) to it every birthday and Christmas. Great present ideas for grandparents, aunts and uncles too.

My son turns 3 on Friday, and I have gotten him a few gifts I know he will like since he is into basketball, and CARS stuff. I think his favorite gift will be the bubble wrap I bought. They are so simple at this age!

The best toys you can give are open-ended toys (ones that stimulate the imagination instead of providing all the noise and lights). My son loves wood blocks. I also got him block buddies (firefighter, policeman, pilot, etc) to use with them. He really likes to pretend with the characters. I'm waiting until his 3rd birthday to give him wedgits (pyramid blocks). He also loves his easel. It has a chalkboard and a white magnetic board for letters. His favorite books right now come with magnets to put on the pages. He REALLY loves them. On ebay I was able to find him a wooden name puzzle to help him learn his name. My favorite toy websites are www.kidsurplus.com (cheap) and www.sensationalbeginnings.com (great ideas).

We just gave him a new kind of training bike called the kinderbike (www.mykinderbike.com) and it's AMAZING. It's a small 2-wheeler without training wheels or pedals. The kids learn to pedal on their tricycle and then learn their balance on the kinderbike by pushing it with their feet and then gliding. Then, they go right to a regular bike and never need training wheels or go through that fear of taking them off!!!

I'm also a big fan of outside toys that make him exercise instead of watching TV. He loves his tee-ball set and soccer goal. Another thing you can do cheaply is buy a big low rubbermaid bin at Walmart and fill it with sand. It makes a great sandbox and when you are done you don't have a monstrous sandbox to get rid of.

I think it was for my son's 3rd birthday that his Nana got him a tent. You can get "theme" tents...castle, barn, etc....that fold up the same way those pop-open car shades do. My son's was a barn. For another holiday, an aunt gave him a children's camping set that included a small tent, sleeping bag, back pack, water bottle, and compass. He loved to "camp out" in his room. He really seemed to enjoy having his own space to invite us into or later to play make-believe in with his toys. The barn tent was around $20, and the camping set was only about $12, so pretty reasonable. It was also around that age that he got into puzzles, duplo blocks, play dough, and paints. One thing he did that I finally figured out...sometimes he would get a toy and not seem that into it, then, weeks or sometimes months later, he would re-discover it and totally love it. So don't feel too bad if he doesn't seem to love a gift on the first day. At that age, sometimes even a gift is an intrusion into their routine. Good luck, and Happy Birthday!

1 / 3