Gift Idea for 4 Year Old Girl

My daughter is turning 4 in March and am at a loss for what to get her. I have a boy that is almost 7 years old so we have a lot of toys. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas. We already have a lot of that stuff (playhouse in our backyard, play kitchen, play tool kit) because my son got a lot of it when he was younger. She has a ton of Barbies, she got quite a bit for Christmas. She also has a full trunk of dress up clothes and shoes. She has a dollhouse my MIL got from a friend so it has everything. I like the build-a-bear idea, we have one nearby and I'm sure she would love to pick out things for it.

How about a trip to Build-a-Bear if you have one near you? The game Hullaballoo is a lot of fun, get the kids moving and also practices colors and shapes and other categories. Craft supplies are good too: construction paper, scissors, glue sticks, markers, and stickers. It's amazing what they create with basic items. Bath toys are still fun for a while too: bath crayons, mermaid dolls, etc.

If you're trying to avoid toys and "stuff", maybe some clothing with her favorite characters.

That was the year we got my daughter Barbies! Hubby and I actually made her a simple Barbie house - think book shelf design and I painted windows, put in carpet and tile and even painted a fire place in the living room wall - and then bought some furniture for it. She already had a few Barbies before that.

little craft projects, a dress up tutu or superhero cape, the leaf frog letter factory dvds are awesome too

We bought my just-4-year-old son a Leapster Explorer and a few games to go with it for Christmas, and he has really loved it. He learns from it, but also gives him some good downtime for a little while each day. It would be something that's just hers, not her big brother's too.

the full-size kitchen set is very popular with little girls. It provides an endless supply of pretend play ideas....not only playing house, but also cooking, playing restaurant, etc. !!

I use one in my inhome daycare & boys/girls both love it! & from the time they can stand, babies love it, too.

Other ideas would be a bicycle, a trunk/box full of dress-up clothes, a storage tub full of art supplies/craft books/etc, a pet (my son was 4 when he picked out his pup at the shelter), or a doll house. She's at the perfect age to really enjoy & express the joys of being a little girl!

Does she have a Nintendo DS? I think my son was 4 when he got his and he took to it like a fish to water!

Do you have barbies or dress up clothes? How about gymnastic or dance lessons? How about taking her to the movies of her choice?

Dress up clothes. You could also buy some board games. Around that age, kids actually start to "get" the game. You could get hi ho cherry or hungry hungry hippos or a memory game. The leapster is also fun and educational. Craft projects are always a hit in my house. I guess it depends on what your daughter likes. Is she into dolls, cars, my little pony, strawberry shortcake etc.?

1 / 3