Gift for Daycare Provider

I need a good idea for a gift for daycare provider (she runs a in house daycare). I don't want a gift card that she will use on her kids and also don't want to get a gift card where I don't know if she will use it or not (like a pedicure). I will be spending about $50.

I always gave my day care lady cash. It is her choice how to spend it, whether to relieve some of her cares about bills, or to treat herself because it was "extra" money. My day care provider was so shocked and happy because no one had ever done that for her before. She had so much fun planning how to spend the $!!

Well, if you end up going the gift certificate route and want something different, you can give her a gift certificate for jewelry. What woman doesn't like something new and sparkly at the holidays?
Silpada is Beautiful fine Sterling Silver jewelry.
I'm an Independent Rep. for Silpada. My holiday special is a $50 Gift Certificate for $45. She would get the GC and a catalog and could order right from my website.
www.mysilpada.com/C..bussey

Honestly, I would just add the $50 to her check the week before Christmas.

Especially in this economy, cash is great!

~L.

PS...WOW! To the mom who called her gifts useless junk...Im sorry you felt that way about things that were bought FOR you with YOUR comfort in mind. In my opinion, gifts are given to people who you have a relationship with in a loving/thoughtful way...perhaps you never deserved the gifts in the first place! And if it's junk, WHY would you regift it to people you would give gifts to?? ...NICE!!!

Well try a resturant in your area, and if she has children tell her it comes with a babysitter ie: you for the night so her and her other can have a night out. I have also in the past done gift certificates to block buster for my former day care provider, and even did a car detailing certificate one year (of course that was really because my daughter used to get car sick and even though she told me she never did, my daughter told me she did get sick in her car). Maybe carwashes to a local carwash, or the grocery store, though economists are saying stay away from retailers maybe a retailer that does sell things for children, like Kohls, JC Penney, I suggest a non high end because 50 won't get her far at Macy's.

Myself and my friend own a business called Gourmet to Go. We offer gift certificates. We shop, cook and deliver a gourmet dinner to your loved one, client, friend etc... The dinner is beautiful and we have customers that use our service several times a week. Its nice to get a chef prepaired gourmet meal, fully cooked and delivered to you and all you have to do is set the china. P.S. kids love our food too. Our entire menu was tested on our own 5 kids! And subsitutions are no problem!
Contact me at ____@____.com and I will send you a menu. Each meal is only $33.00 and feeds five.
Good Luck & Good Eating

In the past I did one gift for the daycare and one for the provider. She thought it was great. I just bought a huge box worth of snacks etc as they were on sale. This does put some money in her pocket since she won't have to buy snacks for awhile. I also did a more personal one with bath and body stuff. (Which obviously isn't good for everyone!) Maybe do 1/2 stuff and give her $25 cash? I am sure she will appreciate whatever you get her. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Send her to FreeStyle Salon located in beautiful downtown Plymouth, book now for the holidays,any amount gift certificates available, B. Jablonski, lic. cos pro. 20yr spec. highlights, H/C we do everything, except nails, call for more information. ###-###-####. Mother of 4 daughters, young grandma of 3, $50 would go a long way with me, I understand how important a good start in life with the right teacher can make, let her know how much you appreicate her.
Happy Holiday's, B.

my daycare provider always liked it when i got her things that pampered her, like candles and lotions...another mom there got her pedicures...that came with babysitting! since most home daycare providers have their own kids...it gets them out of the house and away from the kids.

I agree with Lacy, just give her the extra money and let her do with it whatever makes her happy.

You can get visa giftcards. They can be used anywhere that accepts visa. Maybe make up a small basket that contains some pampering things like candles, bath smellies etc and put in the giftcard to make up to $50.

1 / 3