Gift for 90 Yr Old Grandmother

We are having a mini-family reunion and 90th birthday party for my grandmother in November. What are some good ideas for a nice & thoughtful gift? We don't see each other very often as she lives far away.

While we were waiting to eat, we played a fun game where we had 20 questions about my grandmother's life such as where she was born, how her tooth got knocked out, favorite vacation, where lived when first married, etc. Very entertaining since we knew some but not all answers, esp. the younger generation.

a digital photo frame is nice as you can load it with a lot of pictures & it will flash through them...my grandma loves hers

Grandmothers always love pictures.

Scrapbook album with family photos. Add letters of love from each family member. Start gathering them now, as people put things off.

Hi D.,

For my Grandmothers 90th birthday we had a big party. I wrote a letter requesting everybody (relatives and friends) who were coming to the party or not to send me a personal letter to her. The letter was to have special memories, stories, thoughts, poems written about her, pictures with them and her, etc. I had all the letters mailed to my home and I made a huge album with all the cards and letters enclosed and gave it to her. It was a surprise and she loved the album! If you are interested and making this type of album I will try to answer any questions you might have to get started.

photo book - www.sutterfly.com or something similar - family pictures, grandkids, stuff like that

Artwork created by the kiddos is another good gift. We usually give my grandma $$. Every square inch of her house has some sort of knick knack and the $$ helps buy her prescriptions or other groceries.

I suggest making a donation to a cause near to your grandmother's heart. Type up the name of the cause and a thoughtful note of dedication to your grandmother, then wrap it. I think that would be a wonderful gift!

We gave my husband's great aunt a locket with a picture of her and her husband in it for Christmas one year. He passed away the next year and I've notice her wearing it a lot lately. I got it at www.picturesongold.com. They put the picture on the locket for you and you can have it engraved.

1 / 3