Getting Sticky Stuff off Clothes

I went to a function not long ago where everyone was given those basic paper label name tags to wear. I don't know whether it's because my 8-month-old decided it looked tasty and made it wet before I could stop her (she was sitting in my ring sling and I didn't even see she was munching on my shirt instead of the toys I have clipped to the ring!) or if it was just the type of adhesive on the label, or a combination, but it didn't all come off when I pulled it off my shirt. Now I have these two patches of white label/adhesive on my black shirt and I'm not sure how to get them off without risking bleaching the shirt at all. It's not an odd fabric or anything - a cotton blend, kind of like a thick, soft, t-shirt material. Suggestions or ideas? Anything I can get over-the-counter, as I want to wear this shirt soon, so I won't be waiting long enough to order anything.

I had Goo Gone in the house already, so I soaked the area in some of that and then wiped the adhesive away with a paper towel. Worked like a charm. Threw it into the wash afterwards and now it's as good as new! Thanks for the advice everyone!

I always use goo gone for sticky stuff. It is oily so you might want to make sure it is OK for fabrics.

The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, except I forgot about the name tag and sent it through the wash. I used Goo Gone on it and it came right off!

Hello A.. I am C. and I am new to this website. I did notice your question, and that has happened to me. I used dish soap if you can believe it! It worked. It was an oxygenated brand and I put it right on the problem area, and scrubbed really hard. Then I put the top in the wash and washed it regularly! You would be amazed at what stains dish soap can get out on clothes! I had my oldest son leave a caramel in his shirt pocket, and it was washed, dried, and very well melted into his shirt. I froze it, chipped off as much as I could, let it soak in the same dish soap and hot water, then put a little dish soap on the stain, scrubbed, washed, dried, and it was as good as new. I feel the need to spread the word!!!!

This doesn't always work, but sometimes I have had luck with it- I've used it for gum and stickers from the doctor's office. You can either put an ice cube directly over the sticky stuff, or put the shirt in the freezer. Hopefully, once the sticky stuff is frozen, you can peel it off. Depending on how bad it is, you might be able to rub in small circles once it's frozen to loosen it.

Shaklee's Basic H. Send me your address, and I'll send you a sample. D. Villarse

1 / 3