Getting Silly Putty Out of Carpet

My darling children got bright pink Silly putty in our carpet on Saturday. Of course I just found it yesterday with stuff stacked on top so that it got really ground in. I tried ice, but it just didn't work. Any more suggestions?

I have never had to get silly putty out, but a product called Goo Gone works really well. It helped me get glue from a hot glue gun out of my daughter's hair. And it has a nice orange scent. Good luck!

I believe that rubbing alcohol takes it right out. Good luck!

I always heard vegetable oil - or peanut butter (because of the oil in it) was good to use on sticky things - like gum stuck in hair etc.

I happen to have a package from Silly Putty. They have a website - www.sillyputty.com That is full of fun things - but at the bottom it has an email section. Perhaps they could help.
Also: 1-800-crayola from 9AM till 4 PM

I can't speak to "old, dried out" silly putty, but if fresh...
I was about to try some of the more extreme solutions about the web using alcohol, WD-40, Goo Gone, etc. when something occurred to me: silly putty is sticky unto itself!
I grabbed a fair glob of my kid's silly putty and started to work it into a warm and very malleable ball. I then stuck it into the couch fabric it was pressed into. As I doubbed the glob of silly putty onto the smaller clumps - it started to come up!
I then tried it on the carpet where there was a big glob I had ground in further by trying to remove by hand - same excellent results!
No stains, no chemicals! Just a little bit of time & effort daubing it out! The silly putty picked up a bunch of fabric lint but who cares? (it didn't seem to hurt it anyway! Lol)

Updated

No stains, no chemicals! Just a little bit of time & effort daubing it out! The silly putty picked up a bunch of fabric lint but who cares? (it didn't seem to hurt it anyway! Lol) In fact, I wonder what else silly putty might be good to pick up (i.e. gum, slime, crayon, I can't speak to "old, dried out" silly putty, but if fresh...
No stains, no chemicals! Just a little bit of time & effort daubing it out! The silly putty picked up a bunch of fabric lint but who cares? lol

1 / 3