Getting Sharpie Marker Out of Clothes

Is this even possible or am I wasting my time? Unfortunately my daughter found a sharpie and destroyed some of her clothes. I have been soaking it in Biz which usually works wonders but not this time. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rubbing Alcohol. This is the only thing that will work but sometimes it doesn't work if you've used other things first or if the stain has set to long. Hopefully it will work for you. Use a cotton ball to dab the spot and let it sit a minute (but not too long). Rub it a little but be careful not to rub the stain onto another area. Sometimes blotting with a clean rag works as well. Rinse and reapeat as neccessary. Depending on how heavy the stain, it should fade a little each time.
When I worked as a lab tech. we used to get permanent marker on our lab coats all the time and this is how we got it out. Now I use it with my kids.

Hey Kasey- no clue if it will work, but my go to stain remover for everything is 50% dishwashing liquid and 50% hydrogen peroxide. If you use jsut Hydrogen Peroxide it will bleach it, but if you mix them and make a gooey frothy mix, try it on one garment and see if it works. It works awesome for red wine stains and so many others!

Use an eyedropper and drop some Hydrogen Peroxide on stain and leave sit for a few minutes. Then take "Zout" it is the greatest stain remover on the market. Spray Zout and let sit for a few minutes. Then rinse shirt in sink and use some handsoap and rub out stain. Then wash as normal. When doing laundry, I use 1 part Biz and 1 part Tide together and I rarely have a problem with sports not coming out (bad ones pretreated of course). Martha Stewart use to have a printable chart for all kinds of stains and how to get them out. www.marthastewart.com

Hi K.!
Solumel can get anything off of almost any surface! I have seen it remove "sharpie" marker from jeans. And the best part is that it is a non toxic cleaner! Let me know if you would like to learn how to get it.
Jenny
###-###-#### home
###-###-#### cell

Hi K., I'm curious to see if you get any responses...I think it may be a lost cause...they don't call them "permanent markers" for nothing! I hope you find something that will work! Good luck!

1 / 3